Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:37 PM

Re: My New Novel!

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Yes .
That's nice are you retracing your childhood Mark or retreating to a better quieter time when a robin's voice could be clearly heard.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's nice are you retracing your childhood Mark or retreating to a better quieter time when a robin's voice could be clearly heard.
It certainly is a breath of fresh air after all the other types of books I have read lately. Of course it isn't as sweet and innocent as it makes out if you consider the social aspects of it all - with regard to the servants and so on. Still, there is something innocent and so far uncomplicated about the development of the main character. I like the way it is written too - the 'feel' of it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:49 PM

It certainly is a breath of fresh air after all the other types of books I have read lately. Of course it isn't as sweet and innocent as it makes out if you consider the social aspects of it all - with regard to the servants and so on. Still, there is something innocent and so far uncomplicated about the development of the main character. I like the way it is written too - the 'feel' of it.
I like it too Mark it is sometimes a good thing to seek out a bit of simplicity in this over complicated world..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:08 PM

I like it too Mark it is sometimes a good thing to seek out a bit of simplicity in this over complicated world..
You called me, Meg?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You called me, Meg?
Are you simple then Tpin
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:13 PM

Are you simple then Tpin
As simple as simple is.

Like the idea of a novel MKJ
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:56 PM

No superpowers from the spider bite?

Apart from the lack of the above you do have a cracking story line. I do have one concern with the plot though and that is: why did she get sent to a mental hospital after suffering from a spider bite? Not sure that is normal care procedure is it? Was it a special brain affecting spider bite?

Needs work .
Der ?

Obviously she had problems as a child and went totally bonkers when puberty hit.

Venomous bites may cause all manner of ailments, including 'super heroism' ... it's up to the author to decide how factual their novel will be.
Hospitalisation (long overdue) highlighted that she was suffering from a number of unaddressed psychological problems.

'Twas only a fleeting idea as I showered but I could envisage some in depth analysis and each aspect, milestone, in her life might be a book in itself.

thank you
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 06:04 PM

On the other hand, you could write a book about life on a forum

The trials and tribulations of Admin
The online fighting
The control freaks
The tantrums and tears

I shan't list it all but there is a wealth of 'stuff'
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

The online fighting
The control freaks
The tantrums and tears

Hey, now you might well have something there .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

The online fighting
The control freaks
The tantrums and tears

..and that just the Mods

(I am saying it before someone else does )

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top