Join for free
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2017, 11:10 AM

I think Brexit returns Britain to the British

The referendum was last year. Despite Remainer's moans and legal challenges to delay and derail the process it will come .. and offers a better longterm future for Britain.

Why?
Because when the whole gamut of European unification first started in the last century it was only a Trade Agreement. Only that. Nothing more.
Laws & Regulations.
Since then it has taken the country down the long complicated road of ever dimminishing autonomy and fettered us with petty regulations from bloated and faceless Eurocrats, of whose policies , in the main, appear to be the brainchild of Germany with France swinging on it's apron strings. So much for equality and equal representation.

Economic Factors.
Despite membership of the 'club' offering this country grants and mutually economic benefits through trading it is a fact that whilst countries like Poland have received millions every year from the EU to improve their infrastructure, railways, schools and health service etc... the UK's own social care and health service has declined and now suffers from inadequate investment.
And yet, irrespective of that ..our obligation to EU contributions has this country with an deficit of billions every year. That money invested in Europe needs to be directed back to British people.

Immigration
The free movement of people is an increasing problem. True, it can add to the efficacy of a successful labour market but unregulated poses difficulties.
Even the great Merkel who threw her arms open to refugees, having unwisely invited a million to our shores in 2015 is still struggling with the impact on resources.
Her solution? An attempt to impose quotas and exert pressure on member countries to absorb this human tidal wave, whether they are willing or not.
It was a poorly thought out undemocratic decision taken by one leader of one country on behalf of the whole of Europe.

The EU's Own Future Prospects?
Is it a club that anyone wants to be in?
Monetary Union has had mixed success. With countries like Greece and Italy and those dependent on substantial loans to balance the books just how strong is the EU?
Will the EU as we know it actually exist in 10 or 20 years time? The question of full political unity and an EU army are still speculation ... but thankfully, a minefield that the UK now has no need to be concerned with.

Last year the British people voted to leave.
In the longterm it was the right decision to take to restore independence back to our nation and to the people who live in it.
The world is bigger than the European Union.

We should all now look forward to the future.
Not back.

Someone start another thread now with the next chapter in the new journey we are setting off on.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 05:16 PM

Re: I think Brexit returns Britain to the British

So we've all enjoyed a long and protracted set of discussions/arguments/warfare stretching right back to mid summer, at least.

Just when you thought you'd had enough, something different crops up.

For example, today's telegraph talks about the use of a Canadian Consultancy firm and the spending of £3.5 million , by the leave campaign, in the run up to the vote.

This is, apparently, equivalent to "more than 10%" of the amount spent by both sides.

There are only 20 staff in the named (Canadian) company whose prime focus was buying and placing ads & optimising them to work out which worked best.

Officials are saying that this company was "instrumental" in securing the out vote.

Didn't even notice it myself!!

Certainly did not see much of the 90% fund by the Remain Team who spent the rest of the total of £35 million!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2017, 11:49 PM

Re: I think Brexit returns Britain to the British

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
So we've all enjoyed a long and protracted set of discussions/arguments/warfare stretching right back to mid summer, at least.

Just when you thought you'd had enough, something different crops up.

For example, today's telegraph talks about the use of a Canadian Consultancy firm and the spending of £3.5 million , by the leave campaign, in the run up to the vote.

This is, apparently, equivalent to "more than 10%" of the amount spent by both sides.

There are only 20 staff in the named (Canadian) company whose prime focus was buying and placing ads & optimising them to work out which worked best.

Officials are saying that this company was "instrumental" in securing the out vote.

Didn't even notice it myself!!

Certainly did not see much of the 90% fund by the Remain Team who spent the rest of the total of £35 million!
They were all wasting their money on me, I made my mind up I wanted out of the 'Common Market' years ago as did many other people I know .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top