Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 05:44 PM

Buying a Swim Spa/Exercise Pool ... good idea?

Since childhood, I've wanted a pool (probably something to do with being in the womb) but the garden isn't that wide.

Having googled, I wonder if this might actually be an option.

Does anybody have experience of these and what are the pitfalls please?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 06:37 PM

Re: Buying a Swim Spa/Exercise Pool ... good idea?

Have you got a link please Rachel?
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Have you got a link please Rachel?
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Ooops. ... cleared the history on my iPad

Here's a link I just found but there are all sorts of different ones and some look quite small.

http://www.endlesspools.co.uk
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 09:07 PM

I suppose pitfalls have to be expense and upkeep.

I know if I had the money and the space I would go for a hot tub in the garden just to ease my constant back ache..
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2017, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I suppose pitfalls have to be expense and upkeep.

I know if I had the money and the space I would go for a hot tub in the garden just to ease my constant back ache..
I want to swim.

Never been great at it but I always enjoyed it immensely and I would never again go to a pool.

I wonder if you've looked on the exercise thread Cass ? ...

There's a yoga position on there (the bridge) which I find good for my back problem.
I also have a Wifit and, surprisingly, just a daft game of tennis (where you only move one arm) has definitely helped me.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 10:13 PM

All that spent energy to go nowhere....yikes.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

I wonder if you've looked on the exercise thread Cass ? ...

There's a yoga position on there (the bridge) which I find good for my back problem.
I also have a Wifit and, surprisingly, just a daft game of tennis (where you only move one arm) has definitely helped me.
Never really read though it.. I swim once a week normally and I walk miles each day.
My back is just weakend from injury and nothing will change that I just have to be careful what I do so no high heels no silly twisting movements and keep moving seem to eb the best things. I tried that wii game thingy but it seemed pointless when I have the great outdoors just a few feet away.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

04-06-2017, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Never really read though it.. I swim once a week normally and I walk miles each day.
My back is just weakend from injury and nothing will change that I just have to be careful what I do so no high heels no silly twisting movements and keep moving seem to eb the best things. I tried that wii game thingy but it seemed pointless when I have the great outdoors just a few feet away.
Sounds good that you're able to get to swim and walk.

I have never been able to wear high heels (small feet) and my feet just do not like shoes ... lol

It has always been this way.

Maybe I was a mermaid in a previous life ...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2017, 07:00 PM

Sorry but that sort of `swim thing` would bore me silly within a week.

One of the deciding factors when I moved is that I am 5 minutes walk away from the leisure centre.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

05-06-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Sorry but that sort of `swim thing` would bore me silly within a week.

That is another consideration ... and my fingernails of course

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top