Join for free
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 05:27 PM

Re: Wimbledon.

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh yuk ... women's ping-pong

I no longer get freebie tickets for the Henley 'posh' enclosure.

Wimbledon on TV will suffice
Plus you get the experts who have never won Wimbledon, telling us how it should be done.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Plus you get the experts who have never won Wimbledon, telling us how it should be done.

and Cliff singing? *shrieks*
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 05:31 PM

Have i been to Wimbledon tennis ? yes and walked on the centre court, only on the edge to be able to say stood on it, you understand.

Now for the other side you don't hear about.

Those there are the most stuck up pompous people you can ever not which to meet.
Talk about snobs does not even come anywhere near describing them, or at least those I met were like that. They looked upon those providing services like something on the bottom of a shoe.
It was that bad I told my boss I never ever want to go there again on behalf of BT or as my own person.

This is how I found them , truthfully
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Have i been to Wimbledon tennis ? yes and walked on the centre court, only on the edge to be able to say stood on it you understand.

Now for the other side you don't hear about.

Those there are the most stuck up pompous people you can ever not which to meet.
Talk about snobs does not even come anywhere near describing them, or at least those I met were like that. They looked upon those providing services like something on the bottom of a shoe.
It was that bad I told my boss I never ever want to go there again on behalf of BT or as my own person.

This is how I found them , truthfully
I never got to meet any of those, I was on one of the slum courts.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Having to drive working in that area was so hard, everything was made to give way for Wimbledon marked mini cabs so a lot of appointments were missed. Oh and householders let out their drives at a price so people had somewhere to park.

The worst ever time to go and visit wimbledon

Longdogs
You never got to see inside the offices or changing rooms them, I did and hated the experience.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-07-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Having to drive working in that area was so hard, everything was made to give way for Wimbledon marked mini cabs so a lot of appointments were missed. Oh and householders let out their drives at a price so people had somewhere to park.

The worst ever time to go and visit wimbledon

Longdogs
You never got to see inside the offices or changing rooms them, I did and hated the experience
Am I right in thinking that certain 'dignitaries' have their own traffic lane?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-07-2017, 05:48 PM

Another place like that is the RAC club golf course in Epsom.
I walked into the main entrance but no one about but saw this guy behind a bar in a room.

So I go in to ask who I should see about the telephone work, but before i could say a word this monkey jacked idiot ordered me out saying it was members only.
Ok keep your hat on and just tell your boss the BT man had come to carry out some work but you ordered me away without asking who I was or what i was doing there.
I started to walk out. He tried to call me back but no way am I going to be ordered about by a bottle washer or anyone else, so i left and told my boss
and he agreed

Everything is give way to these ball bashers on the roads around there, the police even draft in other area coppers and all traffic wardens to do "road clear" duties. I could not even park my van where I had work to do at the time, even though it was classified as a crown vehicle
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-07-2017, 05:57 PM

we all got our own back when the traffic wardens started to issue tickets on BT vehicles. We were supposed to go to the traffic wardens office to get exemption dockets saying where we were going to work . This was to stop wardens Slapping tickets on our vehicles.

On day we all decided to turn up at this office in wimbledon on mass, 40-50 BT vehicles queueing up for exemption tickets does tend to cause a bit of a holdup even onto the main high street. it is surprising what one can achieve when vehicles from 3 depots turn up together

They soon dropped this ticket issueing idea.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 06:00 PM

Blimey you lot, Wimbledon sounds dreadful

Go to Henley Regatta instead.

Pleasant people (in my limited experience), a bit of a dress code in the posh bit but nothing horrid.
Men to wear a jacket of some kind (blazer/suit) ... simple.

We used to get there around 10 am and park in the cricket club ... and watch people already boozing
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

03-07-2017, 06:03 PM

Racheal

did that as well, a nice lot of guys and girls you could not wish to meet . That was my impression of the boat crowd

Also did Epsom races the police tent and the main grandstands. Also Sandown racecourse Esher was on my patch

Anything from Bookham on the outskirts of Guildford to Putney I covered. Hospitals- Police stations- council offices large and small companies and also originally houses until BT decided to split business and residentual. Did it for over 20 years mainly as a switchboard fitter

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top