Join for free
Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 08:14 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, I like them with chestnuts and a sprinkling of parmesan.
Parmesan, I will try that - Thank-you
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:46 PM

Still feeling a bit bleak but not as bad as when I first made the thread.

Tomorrow I see my G.P. and I've known her for 7 years; she always spends at least 20 to 30 minutes with her patients as opposed to the quick in-and-out of other doctors.

Partly the bleakness is the fact that it's November, if there was one month of the year I could banish it would be this one. Having to put the lights on at 3pm etc. December doesn't seem so bad somehow.

Anyway, I'm presently listening to a Josh Ritter playlist on my iPhone marvelling at how much I still enjoy music.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Still feeling a bit bleak but not as bad as when I first made the thread.

Tomorrow I see my G.P. and I've known her for 7 years; she always spends at least 20 to 30 minutes with her patients as opposed to the quick in-and-out of other doctors.

Partly the bleakness is the fact that it's November, if there was one month of the year I could banish it would be this one. Having to put the lights on at 3pm etc. December doesn't seem so bad somehow.

Anyway, I'm presently listening to a Josh Ritter playlist on my iPhone marvelling at how much I still enjoy music.
Well not long Dreamy and it will be the Festive Month.
Good luck for tomorrow - PLEASE try CBT.
channeal
Sussex UK
channeal is female  channeal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 01:34 PM

Very sorry to read that you are sill feeling low after your cancer treatment has finished.

I had cancer of the womb myself back in 2002 and although I was lucky and needed a hysterectomy but no further treatment, the thing with cancer is that you are never quite the same again as there is always a niggly worry at the back of your mind that it could come back again. In a hysterectomy forum I used to frequent, they used to call this 'cancer head'. I have definitely suffered from this at times through the years!

You are very lucky that your doctor doesn't rush you though. My doctor is always extremely concious of time and it is not good to feel hurried! I'm not very happy with him, as he has never asked how I am coping since our lives changed as a result of our daughter experiencing a traumatic event and suffering from PTSD since January 2015, even though I told him once, right at the beginning, that I was feeling very stressed. It really doesn't fill me with confidence that I can turn to him for support now that my husband is unwell.

Please do make use of your good doctor and get all the support from her you can.

I really hope you feel much better very soon.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Ffosse, just think its only 30 days until the days start to get longer on the way to the spring and summer
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 02:34 PM

I know - I used to really enjoy the Autumn and didn't mind the dark afternoons, but I find myself longing for a bit of sunshine.

channeal - thanks for your post of encouragement. As I've said elsewhere I'm not so concerned about the cancer coming back (I was lucky - I got a highly treatable Hodgkins Lymphoma and it was caught early) it's more my fear of the dementia and delirium returning. I was literally off my head for 2 months with hallucinations, delusions and fear.

All I've got now is a bit of anxiety, low mood, and a tendency to catastrophise events when I should know better.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 03:57 PM

I too am feeling exceptionally low. Nothing to do with the cancer (hopefully clear), but my arthritis is so bad I can barely walk, in addition to the COPD, I really have had enough.

I struggled around Tesco last Friday, as I was desperate to get out and see people. I flaked out at the checkout and the First Aider had to call my son to come and drive me home. So now I have lost all confidence about going out. I have not been out of the house since then and the isolation and loneliness is really getting me down. My neighbours do not even know I exist. What is the point of living like this?
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I too am feeling exceptionally low. Nothing to do with the cancer (hopefully clear), but my arthritis is so bad I can barely walk, in addition to the COPD, I really have had enough.

I struggled around Tesco last Friday, as I was desperate to get out and see people. I flaked out at the checkout and the First Aider had to call my son to come and drive me home. So now I have lost all confidence about going out. I have not been out of the house since then and the isolation and loneliness is really getting me down. My neighbours do not even know I exist. What is the point of living like this?
Any good ringing them Cee Cee? they might?? come round
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 05:01 PM

Invite them round for a cup of tea, coffee.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2017, 05:09 PM

https://friendsinneed.co.uk

Found this.

Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top