Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Crunch Weekend.

Hi

May is in Brussels, hoping to get an agreement to proceed to Trade talks.

We have coughed up on everything.

In spite of that the Irish are now saying they want more, putting the pressure on, saying it will be another 3 months before trade talks proper commence.

This is a blatant ploy by them.

I am a soft Brexiteer, I could not give two hoots about Free Movement, we can easily control that with changes to our Benefits System.

I have no issues with the payments we make, we make a profit on them.

I am rapidly changing my mind.

I will not and cannot be held to ransom by a tinpot politician like Leo, or a prat like Juncker.

If trade talks are delayed by 3 months, then we withdraw, we just put in the money to get things ready to leave on WTO Rules.

WTO Rules allow for Non Tariff Barriers.

We simply have a Non Tariff Quota of 100 tons of Irish Meat and Dairy Produce.

We do not give any fishing rights to Ireland in our Waters.

This is all perfectly legal under WTO Rules.

Bye Bye Ireland, your Economy will collapse.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 03:02 PM

Re: Crunch Weekend.

Hi

The fine print, as reported abroad.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...ines-1.3328613

The last sentence is very specific.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 05:43 PM

I'm starting to have more hope swim, Mrs may still seems to believe she can do this, so I'm just waiting to see what happens. Not much we can personally do now anyway other than worry about it and I'm trying to get my blood pressure down.

I'm pretty disgusted with many MPs on both sides of the house and several European countries now though. Prior to all this I had no problem with any of them I thought it was unelected top of Eu that were the problem but it seems not !
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 07:26 PM

Prime Minister May has done a fantastic job.

Despite all the odds and despite the best efforts of the 5th columnists amongst us, of which there are many, she has so far delivered.

Had some of her detractors held their nerve , it could have been better but under the circumstances she has done well.

The next stage of negotiations will be hard.....that's well known, but the EU are dealmakers and will want to find common ground with us.

I recommend that all Remainiacs, anti-Tories , anti- British , Scaredy Cats and Status Quo freaks take a good look in the mirror and give themselves a good talking to. It is they that re making this whole process so much more difficult. In the end they will have to look back at this period in time and shamefully accept they were on the wrong side of history.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 07:40 PM

One thing that I detest is a bully, and the EU 'negotiators' are most definitely bullies.

I can understand May trying to secure a good deal, but I have a suspicion that she is too weak and is likely to give in to them further and offer them more and more. Being what they are, the EU dictators will take everything they can get.

This is the real reason why I would much prefer us to walk away. What's more, I'd like to see US make THEM suffer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-12-2017, 10:05 AM

Hi

Boris gobbing off again today.

May should either sack him or put him in charge of Brexit and make him deliver.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris gobbing off again today.

May should either sack him or put him in charge of Brexit and make him deliver.
Boris wouldn't be enough.

Ideally, we'd have an honest Brexiteer in charge (eg, JRM) with at least half of the House in his support.

Anything less and the traditional British way of everyone pulling in opposite directions will seal our fate.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 01:28 PM

I don't agree with Boris being sacked. It is he and Michael Gove at the cabinet table stopping the Remainer cabinet members getting their own way. Theresa seems to be acting like a fox caught in the headlamps.

If anyone should be sacked it's Phillip Hammond, who has had the cheek to admit when asked during his current visit to China, if we should agree to the EU's insistance during the next part of negotiations, that during the 2-year transition period after leaving in March 2019, we will remain in both the single market and the customs union, adhere to the ECHR in all rulings over Britain's laws, allow the continuance of freedom of movement and must contribute to any new laws brought in by the EU during this transition period but NOT be permitted a say on anything!

What a toad! so much backstabbing of the electorate. I do wish Theresa May would do the right thing and sack this a......e! ( please excuse my phrase of word on a Sunday ), to describe him.

As other posters say, TM has indeed coughed up on every diktat wanted by the EU before agreement was made in the first part of negotiations. They sent her back with a forced smile on her face, her reassuring words of "we are very pleased that progress has been made and we can now move on to the next stage of a trade deal etc" Fine words Theresa, but at what cost? she has given way on virtually every demand during the first stage!

Even more worrying, Why was Phillip Hammond so confident to admit publicly when asked by the Chinese media regarding the EU's demands for the next round, with the reply "YES"!! It makes one wonder if this has already been agreed, thereby making our departure another 2 years until 2021 in all but name.

Are we all being fooled by a woman who makes no secret of being a Remainer? I await the outcome with interest and foreboding.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Well said, SG.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-12-2017, 01:46 PM

Hi

Shropshiregirl, if we just leave now, without a transition, there will be mass unemployment where we live.

We export vast amounts of agricultural products locally, we do not even have the people required to certify these exports as required by WTO Rules.

This is down to incompetence by Government in not getting ready for Brexit.

The Government have been told about this, but nothing has been done, even now.

It is not an insoluble problem, but it takes time and money.

It needs action, and action now.

I do not want to see the local economy messed up.

It has been costed, £370,000 to protect 4,000 jobs.

Absolute peanuts, but still no decision.

This indecision is why we are having to pay through the nose for a Transition.

I object to this big time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top