Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:12 AM

Re: The Ashes.

There really is something wicket about this silly game.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:25 AM

It's a stupid bloody game, who cares?
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:51 AM

We came second to a superior side, we were outplayed in all respects. No shame in that at all. We do not have any bowler as quick as theirs or a spin bowler able to turn the ball on their wickets. Wickets that in England are never seen. to win in Australia England need to be able to get practice on those type of wickets for at least two months prior to their first match. It is being said that England will be the better team in the U K, maybe ; but it has to be remembered that some of that Australian team will be playing county cricket in the U k so will be getting the practice on U K wickets. England are a good side on paper, but that doesnt win matches.
Two people stand out to me in the England side as guys that didnt give up or wilt, Bairstow and Anderson, Bairstow NEVER stopped encouraging and was always positive and Anderson despite the fact that for a Quick bowler he is probably past his best bowled I think better than any other bowler.
Shame about Joe Root, I hope he recovers now quickly.
The Ashes are over , so move on ,prepare and start again
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Not as stupid or as childish as football, and of course only stupid like many things to those that know nothing about it
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You do,enough to comment on it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Not as stupid or as childish as football, and of course only stupid like many things to those that know nothing about it
Originally Posted by caricature ->
You do,enough to comment on it.
I find the hysteria surrounding team sports completely baffling, so trust me when I say that I don't really give a stuff who wins or loses....
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 04:49 PM

So why bother posting on the thread if you are not interested? There are many threads that dont interest me, so I never go there, I dont even bother reading them.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 05:22 PM

Good point!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

11-01-2018, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
So why bother posting on the thread if you are not interested? There are many threads that dont interest me, so I never go there, I dont even bother reading them.
Just throwing in my opinion CeeCee, I am quite surprised that I have to like something to comment on it, is this a new forum rule?

I was actually making the point that the Ashes is only a game, so the result is of no importance because it will not alter the course of my life, nor yours I would venture.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 10:27 PM

No, it will not alter my life one jot, however, it does give me pleasure, which obviously it does not you. The same applies, for me, with regard to soccer, but I would never comment on the topic. Just as I have never watched a soccer match in all my years, simply because I have no interest.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top