Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:01 PM

A very bleak mood...

...is what I have been suffering from and, subsequently, haven't been posting much lately.

I don't know whether the time of year has anything to do with it but I can't seem to get past it. My cancer is in remission and I should be happy and grateful but everything feels grim and joyless right now.

I don't want to bring anyone else down with my ramblings but thought I would post as I'm sure there are others who have been where I am before.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:07 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

.. ramble away, forum friends are fantastic for that.

I'm thinking it's rather good to come out of your shell, when you're at a low ebb that in itself is a good sign .. fancying some company.
Mind you .. us lot here are questionable good company.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:09 PM

Hi

It is good to share these things and plenty will listen.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:15 PM

Constantly waking up at 3am isn't helping. I try and have a nap in the afternoon but am not always successful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:16 PM

I felt down when I was so ill with my Chemo, but being in remission cheered me up.
You will never feel better by just sitting there on your own, so set yourself some targets like.....

1) Start at least 1 new thread a week
2) Leave the house every day, even if it is only going for a pint of milk, and say " good morning /afternoon" to somebody.
3) Find something that makes you laugh every day! It could be TV, radio, a magazine, an animal or any other thing you enjoy ......and to prove that you do, you could tell us what it was in this thread.

Come on Ffosse, if you want to make friends this is a good place to start.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:17 PM

Sorry to hear you are feeling low Ffosse - and you are not on your own. A lot of people feel sad and reflective at this time of year. The best thing I can say is hold on and it will pass. In the meantime, look after yourself and have a little treat - anything you fancy. Visit people, ring them up and, of course, keep an interest in this forum and it's people. There are some really lovely folks on this forum. Take care and if you feel you are getting too low - go to the doctor for help. Citalopram is marvellous stuff.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-11-2017, 05:23 PM

I'm seeing my G.P. on the 20th but tomorrow am going to try and get a same day appointment by phoning them at 8am.

Thanks for the suggestions - I don't have a great network of friends or family on whom I can rely presently.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Constantly waking up at 3am isn't helping. I try and have a nap in the afternoon but am not always successful.

You're not alone matey, you're not alone - I do too.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 06:05 PM

Ffosse it is wonderful that your cancer is in remission but after the initial joy of receiving the news, I guess it’s easy to become anxious again. I think as has been said, getting out and meeting people is the best tonic, perhaps join a club of people with similar interests to yourself.

I’m undergoing chemo at the moment, I guess I’m fortunate to have a hubby to look after me and keep my spirits up. I try to get out each day, some days I have a little nap because I’m soooo tired but at the moment I am sleeping well at night.

Keep talking to us on here, there are some lovely people and lots of great advice.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

07-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Thanks, everyone. I do feel I'll get through this, it's just harder with advancing years.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top