Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:01 PM

Father Christmas has just been.

Hi

The village tradition.

A huge Tractor and trailer, lit up like Rudolph and his sleigh, blaring out Carols.

Very realistic.

A pressie for every littlie who opens the door.

Great fun.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:05 PM

Re: Father Christmas has just been.

That's the Christmas spirit.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:10 PM

Aww that's so lovely!
Ours is a Santa on the back of a lorry trailer!
And the littlies only get sweets if the parent/guardian is donating spare cash in the tin!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww that's so lovely!
Ours is a Santa on the back of a lorry trailer!
And the littlies only get sweets if the parent/guardian is donating spare cash in the tin!!!
Hi

All the littles here get a pressie, even if the parents cannot afford a donation.

The local oldies who have little money and no family are not forgotten either.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:03 PM

We had a visit last night from the jolly fellow.
Here it's done by volunteer firemen who go around in two fire trucks, with all the sirens and Christmas music blaring.
We're amazed they come this far out into the wop-wops!
No presents given out, but they do collect for the food bank.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:09 PM

Ah, that brings back memories.

I'd be about 6 or 8 and I loved Santa's float when it came past ... we had real snow then, in drifts and knee deep to a sprog. I pulled on my wellies and trotted out of the house to follow it. Didn't tell anyone where I was going.
Four streets later and about to turn off the estate onto the main road I heard shouting and turned to see my dad chasing down the road after me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 10:51 PM

That sounds lovely Swimmy, how exciting for the children

We used to have an open top bus, decorated with a mass of coloured lights and carols blaring out, come round every year with Santa waving from the top deck. His helpers were running alongside the bus giving out packets of sweets to the children ..... alas, no more, another thing that's been stopped
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:14 PM

Our local Round Table spend many hours collecting donations and giving out sweets and it’s lovely to see Santa and his helpers doing the rounds. Unfortunately this year it was spoilt by youths pelting them with eggs and trying to steal the cash boxes, but they still managed to raise a record amount of money for charity.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 11:56 PM

Similar happens here too, Swims.
Tractor and Father Christmas. The Round Table do it.
As far as I know they don't give pressies out though, they only collect money.
Well I've never had a pressie anyway!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2017, 07:57 AM

Nothing happens here in Essex.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top