Join for free
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:47 AM

Re: Blue passports? They say we could have had them all along...

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
The way some people appear to be carrying on about the passport colour cover, you would think that a blue cover game them special privileges. It doesn't it will still be the same inside as it's always been.

I can't remember having a blue covered one either May, but like you, I truly couldn't care less. My passport states who I am, what my nationality is, date of birth, photo etc, what else is needed?
Hi

The bits you don't see are the important bits.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:47 AM

Perhaps each page could have a picture of Pippa's bottom; everybody would want a British passport then.

It's British, it's royal, it's pert... Perfect! Passport problem solved.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Perhaps each page could have a picture of Pippa's bottom; everybody would want a British passport then.

It's British, it's royal, it's pert... Perfect! Passport problem solved.
Can I put my stamp on it?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The bits you don't see are the important bits.
Yes, but what difference does that make to the colour of the cover or what you can see it says inside? Absolutely none to the average person I suspect.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:23 PM

I could swear I remember when they changed the colour to burgundy there were press reports it was changing because of the EU. So people have it in their head this was imposed by the EU. Who would have bothered to check at the time?

Now it turns out we were not forced to change at all, just as we could have controlled immigration. It's all a big con and while this particular con is just a joke you have to wonder what else is misrepresented to the general public. People were phoning into the radio saying how much the colour meant to them and how symbolic this is of the fact we have our country back....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:27 PM

People were phoning into the radio saying how much the colour meant to them and how symbolic this is of the fact we have our country back....
I never noticed we had lost it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I never noticed we had lost it.
Me neither...where did it go?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Yes, but what difference does that make to the colour of the cover or what you can see it says inside? Absolutely none to the average person I suspect.
Hi

Exactly Clumsy.

All I want is something that gets me through the fast lane.

I sometimes take the pretendies with me when i go to Poland.

No problem at the moment, we all go through together.

I fear for the sanity of Passport Control when I am in one lane and they are faced with Jacob, who is autistic and Nadi, who is a right little madam at times, in another.

She is fiercely protective of her autistic big brother and gives way to nobody where he is concerned.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 01:54 PM

All this song and dance about the cost of the new design passport has been debunked. The passport printing contract was up for renewal in any case so the cost of the `new` design would be precisely nothing.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 02:17 PM

The younger voters won't ever have had a blue one so I'm sure they'll be more concerned about having their freedoms to travel and work taken from them by the Brexiters than with the colour. I'm lucky that my burgundy one doesn't run out for a few years so I'll be spared the shame of carrying a Brexiter/Tory/Blue one for while.

Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top