Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Re: Dihydrocodeine

Does it matter what you were prescribed Uncle Joe ? As I said I was responding to Rehab and how he’d done well to reduce his dose .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
My doctor today gave me a prescription for codeine phosphate for my Carpals Tunnel but, upon arriving home, I found out the pharmacist had made a mistake and given me dihydrocodeine instead.
Each to their own but I wouldn't personally embark on any regular dosage of Big Pharma Opioids like Codeine, Morphine etc. You'll just become a dependent addict.

Go for natural pain killers imo.

Check out Wild Lettuce for example
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's basically synthesised morphine only 1.5 times stronger; I took the dihydrocodeine accordingly.
Ffosse I’m not getting at you ,believe me , but I’m amazed , yes I am at the willingness of doctors to give out really strong medication which could in the long run cause addiction .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Ffosse I’m not getting at you ,believe me , but I’m amazed , yes I am at the willingness of doctors to give out really strong medication which could in the long run cause addiction .
But my doctor prescribed me them in the short term; 14 tablets prn.

I've since got codeine phosphate; some days I take them, other days not.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:38 PM

Check with your doctor again
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Each to their own but I wouldn't personally embark on any regular dosage of Big Pharma Opioids like Codeine, Morphine etc. You'll just become a dependent addict.

Do you slap yourself around the head with the limp lettuce until you become unconscious or until you don't care anymore.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I wonder why the NHS has not picked up on this wonder veg in order to save a lot of money and ease the pain of its patients.....I know the bloody answer of course..the two words..Big Pharma tells me it’s yet another conspiracy theory.

No one but no one uses the words Large Pharmaceuticals, if you want to part of the conspiracy you have to use Big Pharma..nudge nudge, a nod is has good as wink if you know what I mean...touch’s side of nose...
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Do you slap yourself around the head with the limp lettuce until you become unconscious or don't care anymore.
I suspect that bashing your head with a lettuce limp or not will make it a bit wild, but that’s just a guess, I am not a vegetarian and therefore not wise in the ways of lettuces
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I suspect that bashing your head with a lettuce limp or not will make it a bit wild, but that’s just a guess, I am not a vegetarian and therefore not wise in the ways of lettuces
Wild lettuce might be a bit more unruly than it's domesticated relatives. Mind you Cos lettuce and the Little Gem ones are a bit tough sometimes and don't go limp like some other varieties do. Wet lettuce is not very nice to slap yourself around with, unless you are feeling that way and it is a warm day.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

14-01-2018, 11:29 PM

I am not sure which one of us is the craziest..
Loved the response though

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top