Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:16 AM

Re: jumpin Ship

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Then pray please enlighten us as to where the government is going wrong, and what you they should be doing to extricate us from the clutches of the EU?
That is not the question to ask of someone who had no wish to "escape the clutches". The EU does need reforming but it is far better to influence and effect such reform from within rather than outwith. This way we will be totally sidelined.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
That is not the question to ask of someone who had no wish to "escape the clutches". The EU does need reforming but it is far better to influence and effect such reform from within rather than outwith. This way we will be totally sidelined.
But you said the government was making a cock up, I just wondered if you would care to explain how?

Plus, of course, Cameron went around pleading for change before the referendum and got nothing, which persuaded quite a few of us that reform of any sort was hopeless dream..
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:21 AM

And yet the latest from Europe is that they will have their federation of European states and those countries that don't like it will be expelled from the Union.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:21 AM

Hi

Another leaver here, but I do not agree that the EU are being difficult.

We are now a third country and being treated as such, it is each to their own.

We can expect the same from others when it comes to negotiating Trade Deals.

We have had a taste of this already, India has said no without a deal on increased Immigration, the USA and others have formally objected to the WTO.

The reality is dog eat dog, everyone is seeking an advantage.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:50 AM

I'm a leaver too, I admit to worrying about my decision but I stand by it.

I just read that Mrs May is considering putting Boris on the Brexit negotiating team that should be worth watching
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Another leaver here, but I do not agree that the EU are being difficult.

We are now a third country and being treated as such, it is each to their own.
How can we be a third country and still be a member of the Union??

Typical bloody EU dictatorship.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 10:57 AM

I voted out, and the more i see the more confident i am that it is the right decision. Sadly i believe we are in the process of being sold out.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:09 AM

Over the centuries we have fought off many foreign countries like Spain-France _ Vikings- Norsemen- Germans- Italians- Japanese -Romans- to name but a few.
At least they were straight forward battles. Now they are trying the sneaky way to rule us by the back door.

Well lets show them the back door is being firmly shut. We are and always have been an independent country and being so have give the world so much they now rely on such as computers . We gave them our language and our culture . What do we get in return ? abuse and very little thanks.

We should have walked away as soon as the vote was counted and let them sort out the mess. The French now even want us to supply customs on their soil at our expense, they want to take- grab or steal which ever way they can

Any true Englishman -Scotsman- Welsh or Irish would say no and not pander to these foreigners and be proud of our heritage
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
How can we be a third country and still be a member of the Union??

Typical bloody EU dictatorship.
Hi

We are a Third Country as regards an application for a Trade Deal.

Theresa May's battle cry was No Deal is better than a bad deal.

The EU are taking us at our word.

Our Government have messed things up big time, we are even asking the EU for a Transition Period because we are not ready to leave, we have given the advantage away and are being stung for it.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:05 PM

I often wonder how many of those same arrogant EU Commission members are feeling now we are leaving, but were happy at the time to sit at that table behind closed doors and no doubt smirking as David Cameron, Prime Minister of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, was treated like a sack of manure.
How amusing for them to watch as he must have virtually begged them for concessions to bring back and show the British people that we were a valued and respected part of the EU. What a farce! what a joke! They were quite content to deny him anything but a few useless titbits, quite happy to see him return with egg on his face, receiving absolutely nothing of what he asked for, no doubt some even gleeful to get one over on such a country as the UK, now on it's knees after publicly in front of the whole world, being told to get lost and do as you're told.

Oh my goodness, if only they had been in possession of a crystal ball. Little did they realise that after Cameron lefrt their company, belittled, embarrassed and humbled at their treatment, their action of treating this country like manure would culminate in the Referendum and the shock result!

I can imagine there have been quite a few "If only" comments between those same arrogant committee members since that day.

But....as they say...Too Late Matey, that ship has sailed, you blew it!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top