Join for free
Page 71 of 274 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Cheap Trick - what a great sound. I remember the first time I saw them - blew my mind with that guitar. For some reason, I always think 'Black Betty' was done by them but of course it was Ram Jam.
Hi bud.
Yeah they were (and still are) a great rock band.
I love that sound on "At Budokan". I think it's the Japanese audience that makes it. Those high-pitched screaming is reminiscent of The Beatles in their heyday (so I'm aware of anyway!).
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Jethro Tull are one of the few prog bands I really like.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Jethro Tull are one of the few prog bands I really like.
They're different from a lot of the others in many ways. They are not so self-indulgent with their guitar twiddling and so on. Ian Anderson is a great showman too
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2018, 09:34 AM

The Moody Blues are another example; sometimes I'll listen then go years without - they certainly had a varied career.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-02-2018, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
The Moody Blues are another example; sometimes I'll listen then go years without - they certainly had a varied career.
They're still going, on and off I think. I know Justin Hayward is doing a solo tour at the moment.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-02-2018, 05:25 PM

No.669: Radio KAOS by Roger Waters (1986)

Ex-Pink Floyd bassist/vocalist/songwriter/control freak with his second solo release. I don't rate it all that highly amongst the wealth of classic Pink Floyd-related material as it has dated badly. It's also a very mixed bag of subject matter based around a Los Angeles radio show and listeners such as "Billy" tuning in for chatter then the DJ linking rather confusing themes such as the miner's strike of '84, the concrete block thrown from the motorway bridge, the onset of technology, the usual end-of-the-world doom and gloom which Waters is rather 'fond' of and somebody who "doesn't like fish". A mixed bag.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 03:33 AM

Enjoying.

David Crosby tells about living next to Jackson Browne, in a shed-like ground floor apartment when he was writing "Running on Empty" and said he had the most astounding work ethic of any writer he knew. Said he would work on a piece 12 hours or more perfecting. Crosby said it was so good, no one cared about the repetition.

Have always liked the Moody Blues on tour because they always hired the local symphony to play with them. Always a great performance.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-02-2018, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Enjoying.

David Crosby tells about living next to Jackson Browne, in a shed-like ground floor apartment when he was writing "Running on Empty" and said he had the most astounding work ethic of any writer he knew. Said he would work on a piece 12 hours or more perfecting. Crosby said it was so good, no one cared about the repetition.

Have always liked the Moody Blues on tour because they always hired the local symphony to play with them. Always a great performance.
Love that Jackson Browne tale, Surfermom as I enjoyed the earlier story, again with the CSN connection.
I think you can tell that the Running On Empty album will make an appearance in here (my favourite of Browne's in fact).

Love the Moodies and their solo projects. My best mate's son was named after Justin Hayward incidentally and practically burst into tears when he met Hayward at a 'War of the Worlds' performance a few years ago.

Sorry there was only one album to post yesterday...up to my eyes in ironing all afternoon and I even forgot about the gym. I must have been enjoying it so much! Not.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-02-2018, 03:53 AM

....and thanks to you we're now No.3 in the year's Hottest Threads.
Not that it matters, but at least the interest is there
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
....and thanks to you we're now no.3 in the year's hottest threads.
Not that it matters, but at least the interest is there

Page 71 of 274 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top