Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:26 AM

Re: Farage says Barnier is offering NOTHING to UK

How ever were we allowed to get ourselves in such a mess being so restricted by these countries?

Whoever would have thought entering into what we all thought was a trade deal years ago would see us in this situation now, its sinister, I really hope we get a deal soon so we can walk away and be done with them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
How ever were we allowed to get ourselves in such a mess being so restricted by these countries?

Whoever would have thought entering into what we all thought was a trade deal years ago would see us in this situation now, its sinister, I really hope we get a deal soon so we can walk away and be done with them.
We were told it was a trade deal summer, I truly believe those signed us up knew exactly what they were doing and we're hoping for a better place in the scheme. Lots of money involved in those positions, ultimate power. I can't see any of them saying no.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
The UK didn't vote to leave, only the Brexiters. And Barnier is not alone, I don't know why they voted to leave either.

A long transition period to sort out all the things the Brexiters haven't planned for would probably be the least painful way and they aren't going to allow the UK to have their cake and eat it, whatever the Brexiters promised.

But what the hell, when the Brexiter's realise they're not going to get their way, they're bound to want to stomp off in a huff and go straight for WTO and financial suicide.

No good options available.
So if the U K did not vote to leave why are they leaving, of course they voted to leave that was the object of the referendum. Its like you saying the U K didnt vote for a Conservative Government( Oh well some of us didnt vote for them so they are not the Government)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
So if the U K did not vote to leave why are they leaving, of course they voted to leave that was the object of the referendum. Its like you saying the U K didnt vote for a Conservative Government( Oh well some of us didnt vote for them so they are not the Government)
love that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
From listening to Nigel and various other interviews the top brass at Eu have given my take on that is a federal Europe run from the Eu base, no elections just appointments by the top, all Eu countries run the same, no seperate cultures, languages or political systems.

To me that sounds like a dictatorship but if anyone can explain it as anything else I'm listening.
That is exactly what I would foresee if we were stupid enough to remain in the dictatorship.

A shame that the minority cannot see it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

That was the fault of our previous short-sighted PMs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Oh I hear what they say, there seem to be as many weird reasons as there are Brexiters. But none of them seem logical or to make any sense so I expect that’s what’s baffled me and Barnier.
I think that voting Brexit is a gut reaction based on a collection of illogical prejudices and there’s no point in expecting any more of them.
I think that what's illogical is the inability of remainiacs to accept a democratic decision.

A majority in the referendum demanded that we leave the EU; a minority wanted us to remain and an even smaller minority appeared not to be bothered either way.

Another illogical stance on the part of the remainiacs is to suggest that this latter group would have supported their wish to remain.

But they didn't, did they?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by norway ->
so if the u k did not vote to leave why are they leaving, of course they voted to leave that was the object of the referendum. Its like you saying the u k didnt vote for a conservative government( oh well some of us didnt vote for them so they are not the government)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Well, obviously "the UK" didn't vote to leave, "the UK" isn't a sentient being that trots along to the ballot box.

A very small majority of UK voters voted to leave in the referendum. That is not the same as saying "the UK", "the British People" or "We" voted to leave, all expressions beloved by Brexiters.

Because of that small majority, the rest of us are being dragged out against our will. Therefore Mrs May and the Government doing the dragging don't represent "the UK", "the British People" or "we", they only represent those who voted Brexit.

In the same way, "the UK" didn't vote for a Conservative Government, again it's not an entity capable of voting. A small majority voted Conservative and DUP, so they formed a Government, but they only represent those who voted for them, not those who voted otherwise, that's why we have an opposition, to put forward and represent the other points of view and vote against the governments actions when they disagree with them. The small majority of the Conservatives and the Dups mean the opposition have power and influence.

In the same way, Brexit may be going ahead but the majority for it was similarly small. So why should thre not be an opposition to Brexit to put forward and represent the Remainers point of view and given an opportunity to vote against the Brexiter's actions and any deal negotiated? The remainer are as entitled as the Brexiters to have input and decide on anything negotiated.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top