Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 08:35 PM

Re: How To Avoid Speeding Fines.

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Having been fined for speeding in a 30 mph zone , mistakenly thinking it was 40 mph zone then having to pay £30 admin fee when I told my insurance company of my points I'm paranoid now and stick to the speed limit always checking the speedometer .
Same here Susan....38mph in a 30mph section that was 40mph just a few weeks earlier.....Blokes like the one who took down Mups's wall in an uninsured motor and shouldn't even have been on the road in the first place get ff scot free....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 08:44 PM

I got done. 58, in a 60 zone
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I got done. 58, in a 60 zone
Yes Primus, a fifty eight year old wandering into a sixty year old zone........You were underage Primus......

Was it a nursing home?....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes Primus, a fifty eight year old wandering into a sixty year old zone........You were underage Primus......

Was it a nursing home?....
Oy, I’m not 58 till June !
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
1. Look closely at the signs that show you the speed limit.The number is the maximum speed you travel.
2. Locate your car's speedometer.It's normally found in front of the driver's seat on the dashboard.It has an arrow pointing to the number that reflects the car's speed.On newer cars the speed is sometimes displayed digitally.
3. The last point is also the hardest.Adjust your speed according to the number shown on the road sign.The police cannot fine you if you do not drive over this number.
Best of all if you stick to it you'll never have to pay a speeding fine ever again.Even better the road will become much safer for everyone.
Brilliant I like that
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:09 PM

Oh look at all the pathetic excuses for breaking the speed limit. OH! there is a law lets break it because I know best
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
1. Look closely at the signs that show you the speed limit.The number is the maximum speed you travel.
2. Locate your car's speedometer.It's normally found in front of the driver's seat on the dashboard.It has an arrow pointing to the number that reflects the car's speed.On newer cars the speed is sometimes displayed digitally.
3. The last point is also the hardest.Adjust your speed according to the number shown on the road sign.The police cannot fine you if you do not drive over this number.
Best of all if you stick to it you'll never have to pay a speeding fine ever again.Even better the road will become much safer for everyone.
The problem is that your speedometer is designed to be inaccurate; in fact it is never displaying the correct speed unless the car is stationary.

Prior to 2006 the speedo had to be accurate to +-10% but after that date the rule was changed. The new standard requires that:

The speedo must not indicate a speed less than the vehicle’s true speed or a speed greater than the vehicle’s true speed by an amount more than 10 percent plus 4 km/h. For a vehicle travelling at a true speed of 100km/h, the speedo must read between 100km/h and 114km/h.

The effect of this is that many drivers will find that at 100km/h they are driving up to 14km/h below the speed limit if they rely on the vehicle’s speedo. Remember car manufacturers will naturally err on the side of (their) safety to apply the rules.

As someone else pointed out use the speed on your satnav (on the flat) to indicate your true speed.

These figures are Australian design rules but we copy the rules from elsewhere (usually Europe but sometimes the USA and usually several years later) so you can be pretty sure they apply to the UK as well.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:13 PM

We don't need more oldies revving the nuts off their cars.
Primus1
York

15-01-2018, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Oh look at all the pathetic excuses for breaking the speed limit. OH! there is a law lets break it because I know best
There’s no excuse for breaking the speed limit, around here there are camera vans everywhere, just hiding around the corner, all it takes is a momentary lapse in concentration and they’ve got you, there aren’t many patrol cars on the roads, instead they rely on the mobile vans, which never catch the dangerous drivers, in my case I was just over the limit by 1mph, in a van that is classed as a commercial vehicle, even though most vans have a car version of it ( extra seats and windows) the speed camera or safety camera vans are purely there to raise revenue.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-01-2018, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Not from me Norway.......Rules is Rules......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top