Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 12:40 PM

Residual Values

Residual values for niche vehicles are bonkers, in September the "We Buy Any Car" valuation of the wife's car was £18,400.00, at the end of November it was valued at £16,300.00, last week it had gone back up to £17,800.00, so, it's going back to the Dealer today, as advised, February prices may be suppressed, due to the reg change in March. This means she will be without a car until mid March, but, that is preferable to risking another two grand hit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 01:38 PM

Re: Residual Values

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Residual values for niche vehicles are bonkers, in September the "We Buy Any Car" valuation of the wife's car was £18,400.00, at the end of November it was valued at £16,300.00, last week it had gone back up to £17,800.00, so, it's going back to the Dealer today, as advised, February prices may be suppressed, due to the reg change in March. This means she will be without a car until mid March, but, that is preferable to risking another two grand hit.
Hi

I buy my cars at 3 years old and run them until they die.

The residual value is in the hundreds.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2018, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I buy my cars at 3 years old and run them until they die.

The residual value is in the hundreds.
That's what I am going to do. Having had my Golf Estate totalled just before Christmas and being shocked by what the insurance company will pay out, I won't be buying another new car. I had looked after that vehicle from new and it was coming up to nine years old with just under 40,000 on the clock and all the bells and whistles on. Can't afford (or justify another new one like that at my age) so three years+ it will be - another Golf, but not an estate this time and without the bells and whistles - no leather upholstery or fancy entertainment system. They don't seem to figure these things in the value.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2018, 08:15 AM

Did the deal just in time, on the 24th, the new We Buy Any Car valuation went down to £15,380.00, it is currently sitting a £16,800.00.

The general problem is, manufacturers now tend to make new cars to order, if you want specific extras etc, so, the lead time on the factory build can be 3 months or more. The problem is valuing your part exchange, at the point of the sales order, the used market is so volatile, they cannot pre-empt what your trade in will be worth in three months time, so, unless you part with the present car early, and wait for your new one, the exact financials of the deal remain a mystery for a couple of months.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top