Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:20 PM

Re: Police clamp down on "illegal" cars

A number of years ago, at about midnight, a transporter vehicle drew up on the main road almost opposite my house. The different noises and clunks and bangs disturbed me so I decided to be nosey.

It was the longest vehicle transporter I have ever set eyes on. Not only length but it appeared to have a a couple of levels, although I could be wrong there as it was dark. Anyway, it was huge. Up from the lane opposite which leads to a farm, came a small car and three people. Standing around for quite a while, and watching the loading of this vehicle into the transporter. All told it must have taken about 45 mins or longer o load and be ready to move off.

I saw a man go over to one of the people and hand over something (possibly cash) and there were foreign worded signs on the vehicle.

I saw the lady who lived at the farm (which isn't a farm just an old converted farmhouse and outbuildings), and I mentioned what I saw. She said it was her daughters car, which was going to Romania.

That raised a few suspicions in my mind as it was around the time that Romania was due to join the EU, which did indeed happen only a couple of months later .
My thoughts where that a) it was worth them coming over to UK to buy up cars and b) would these vehicles with UK reg plates, able to carry 4 or 5 people just be waved on across the borders and entry into this country.

Would the cars be used for paying for a passage to UK and the driver would return to Romania to collect more people.
All very mysterious , and the same principle could be used for anyone want ing to get into the country. Is every UK car going to be scrutinised on entering the UK after a trip into Europe ? I doubt that.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2018, 08:32 PM

Re: Police clamp down on "illegal" cars

Certain cars(diesel), motorbikes, plant machinery etc are very much sought after in some Eastern European countries.

He(driver)probably had a few more to collect on that trip.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top