Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 02:30 PM

Re: pancakes

I dont make pancakes, but then I never have dessert. I hated making them when the kids were small, so no great loss for me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 02:48 PM

No I don't make pancakes either as I don't particularly like them....but I shall eat all the sweet things in My cupboard today as Tomorrow is the start of Lent..No...I'm not religious..but it's a good way of fasting and hopefully losing a few pounds in 6 weeks...She said tongue in cheek
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We make a pancake lasagne and a pancake cake, one with vegetarian mice and cheese sauce the other with chocolate spread and cream. I'll let you guess which
Julie, I hope you are having vegetarian mice over for dinner and not in the batter

Lemon with sugar is completely new to me, as is the marmite, and I've never seen either on a menu. I'll have to try each!

The standard here is plain with maple, or sometimes blueberry, boysenberry, or strawberry (more unusual) syrup.

I often cook mine with blueberries, bananas, or pecans in the batter, and sometimes the kids over here like them with chocolate chips.

My favorite recipe has bananas in the batter with sliced bananas and slightly toasted coconut, pecans, and brown sugar.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Surfermom, the pancakes we make for Shrove Tuesday are crepes , wafer thin yumminess

Traditionally served straight from the pan, a sprinkle of lemon and a dusting of sugar
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:11 PM

I didnŽt think about it being pancake day either, but all this talk of lemon and sugar made me fancy some, so IŽve nipped into the garden and picked a couple of lemons and weŽll have pancakes later. I donŽt think weŽll bother with the veggie mice though, they are in very short supply around here.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Surfermom, the pancakes we make for Shrove Tuesday are crepes , wafer thin yumminess

Traditionally served straight from the pan, a sprinkle of lemon and a dusting of sugar
Of course! Thank you for clarifying!

I was thinking about our version of pancakes that are thicker and traditionally served as a breakfast entree.

Crips, chips, biscuits, cookies, pancakes, crepes....

Sometimes I forget that I am speaking a foreign language over here .

I still haven't tried crepes/pancakes with lemon, but I shall!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Surfermom, I make what I call American pancakes, have them with crispy bacon, maple syrup and hash browns. I love American breakfasts, but only make them rarely because of the calories.

Our pancakes are thin, we then squeeze lemon juice and put sugar on them and roll them up, with a final flourish of lemon and sugar on the roll. (At least that's how I made them).
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Surfermom, I make what I call American pancakes, have them with crispy bacon, maple syrup and hash browns. I love American breakfasts, but only make them rarely because of the calories.

Our pancakes are thin, we then squeeze lemon juice and put sugar on them and roll them up, with a final flourish of lemon and sugar on the roll. (At least that's how I made them).

That's the way, then using fingers, pick them up and eat them whilst still warm

Surfermom, we call American pancakes griddle pancakes or scotch pancakes. We don't make then so big either. They are served on a fry ( breakfast ) here in Northern Ireland and in Scotland and are a popular afternoon snack with a cup of tea. Served cold and buttered
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:36 PM

Ah CeeCee beat me to it, with the description of how we make them.

Haven’t made up my batter yet (I cheat and buy a packet mix) so might have them tomorrow. I have turkey mice today ( ), with lots of veg added, and shall have some with crispy potato slices. Holly had hers lunchtime (one portion, put two more in fridge for other days), so spect she will try to beg for mine. She absolutely wolfed it down (mashed up boiled veg, rice, and a touch of bovril).
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Having some later with maple sauce.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top