Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 11:24 AM

More Labour Discrimination

Labour accused of discrimination over youth equality conference

White heterosexual men are not listed as eligible to apply to attend the meeting.

http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/news/n...764852ecad2-ds

"James Cleverly, deputy chairman of the Conservative Party, said: “This is yet another example of discrimination by Labour.

“Their lazy assumption that straight white men can’t fight for equality is shocking. It is essential that political parties represent each and every person irrespective of race, sexuality or age. "

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 11:48 AM

Re: More Labour Discrimination

I don't have a problem with it, if a disabled person wants to meet and talk about problems and answers with other disabled people they have a right to do so, same with people of colour etc. If white men feel so ostracised have your own meeting to discuss your problems with the awful discrimination you face daily, oh no you can't can you because you aren't facing it like the others.

You can fight for equality without attending these meetings.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 11:53 AM

What a big deal!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't have a problem with it, if a disabled person wants to meet and talk about problems and answers with other disabled people they have a right to do so, same with people of colour etc.
LMAO !!

So . . .

If young white males want to have a Labour Young Labour conference and the flyer specifically states:

"Disabled people may not attend"

Then that would be fine to you would it?!!!

There would be uproar !

This is a typical case of Labour discrimination, and a blatant attempt to keep people out of a conference so that there are no contrarian voices in any discussion/debate.

Not too dissimilar to Labour refusing to allow discussion of BrExit at their major conference last year.

How can there ever be equality if there is going to be sectioning of the populous to such conferences ? It's basically saying those who are not Black or Asian or Minority Ethnic or LGBT or female may not have a voice on such issues.

Pretty shocking.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:50 PM

Does seem a contradiction of terms if it's an "equality" conference...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
LMAO !!

So . . .

If young white males want to have a Labour Young Labour conference and the flyer specifically states:

"Disabled people may not attend"

Then that would be fine to you would it?!!!

There would be uproar !

This is a typical case of Labour discrimination, and a blatant attempt to keep people out of a conference so that there are no contrarian voices in any discussion/debate.

Not too dissimilar to Labour refusing to allow discussion of BrExit at their major conference last year.

How can there ever be equality if there is going to be sectioning of the populous to such conferences ? It's basically saying those who are not Black or Asian or Minority Ethnic or LGBT or female may not have a voice on such issues.

Pretty shocking.
No I'd say the oppressors can have their platform although I'd rather they didn't use it to oppress others obviously.

I supported the local schools stance on positive discrimination towards working class white boys a year or two ago, they needed support they were falling behind.

I support anyone that is a minority who are finding discrimination against them, that could be anyone but less likely to be white men.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-02-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Does seem a contradiction of terms if it's an "equality" conference...
It depends if you feel discriminated against groups may need to talk about their feelings in a safe space I guess. One of the best most uplifting meetings I ever attended where real strategies were able to be put in place to help the minority was a meeting for mixed race foster and adopters, it was there we could actually face things we didn't feel we wanted to say in front of others. We I believe all got a lot out of that meeting and left recharged and able to help our kids with our new attitudes.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

12-02-2018, 01:52 PM

Double standards as always
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-02-2018, 01:54 PM

Only if you can't see some people don't have any chance of equality unless they are helped. I know you seem to think equality is already here but for many it's as far away as it ever was.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 02:44 PM

I wonder if the scumbag 'nasty party' hold such events??? Oh no, they're anti gay and anti lesbian, so they couldn't host such meetings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top