Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:46 AM

Offended by the offence taken

I'm finding myself offended today by the offence an organisation I actually think are pretty good have taken at a film.

I suffer terrible allergies, allergy uk has been really helpful to me. But they have taken offence at a Peter rabbit film where a character is bullied and has to use an epipen and collapses.

My take on that is ok not nice but perhaps it might teach some people allergies are dangerous and they can kill you. They've decided it's not to be seen and should be banned.

What do you think ? Use it to teach or hide allergies so people never realise how dangerous they can be ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:50 AM

Re: Offended by the offence taken

I saw this and thought it was rather silly of them to complain about it.
As you say it might teach people to take allergies seriously.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:02 AM

Is this the Peter Rabbit film where the rabbit with an allergy is pelted with blackberries Julie. I don't know the full story .

My niece carries an epipen and has been in anaphylactic shock and taken to hospital on a number of occasions when her epipen wasn't administered for some reason. It would be helpful if more people were made aware of the symptoms of anaphylaxis and how to help someone who goes into shock particularly children .

I child died not long ago because people failed to react quickly.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ol-nasar-ahmed
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:10 AM

I hope the film also shows the rabbits getting a good telling off (I'd spank them) and made to appologise. It worries me that kids might think it's funny to cause allergic reactions.
However some TV programs are just as bad, Bart Simpson and Skinner had a fight with prawns and peanuts last week because they were allergic.
Some parents wouldn't bother to teach kids about being kind etc. Perhaps teachers could use the film to educate kids.
I don't know why they have to spoil lovely old stories with these films.
Paddington Bear has been spoiled for me!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:19 AM

Yes it's the blackberry pelting in the film, but it doesn't sound like they make fun of it, no one seems to have actually seen it so I'm trusting the film maker hasn't done that.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Another complaint by the professional whingers? The types that complain about something although they haven't seen the `offending` article in the first place, they just jump on the outrage bus.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 01:57 PM

Poor old Beatrix, she must be spinning in her grave.

I wonder if a modern writer, say Roald Dhal, or Shirley Hughes, could put a clause into their will so that Disney couldn't get their sticky hands on the story...?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 03:24 PM

I'd say it's more worrying that kids may copy such behaviour if they see it in a film.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-02-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'd say it's more worrying that kids may copy such behaviour if they see it in a film.
I'm more hopeful many may realise how serious it is and not see it as fun to try and get a reaction from an allergy sufferer. I can't count number of times the idiot I used to work with tried to induce a reaction in me by feeding me something I was allergic too. Feigning innocence or offence if I refused to eat it.

I noticed a huge downturn in incidences after I was stung by a wasp and he saw what actually happened, nearly pooped his pants in fright he did.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 05:30 PM

Can anyone enlighten me what this thread is about.????????????????????????????????????????????

Or give a link

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top