Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Panic attacks

Who, if any, have had or are having Panic Attacks.

Aren't they terrible? I get them if I feel cornered. Like now for instance, we are covered in ice everywhere. We cannot walk on the sidewalks as they are covered in ice over lumpy snow because people won't shovel their sidewalks when it snows,,,,

I am having a couple panic attacks each day right now. I feel closed in and afraid to go out as people are falling all over the place around here. I am 75, I don't want another fall, it could kill me...

Yes, I have a son who will help me in any way he can, but that isn't the point. It is a feeling I have inside, afraid of losing my independence I guess. I have always been a self sufficient lady. I fought many battles of life and won all them, including a few cancer operations......I am a survivor, but my "foe" is out there welding his sword on the icy graveyard.

So panic attacks it is for a while. When I get them, I cannot breath, I start to perspire, feel confused.....it is a terrible feeling....

Please share if you have these panic attacks, perhaps we can help each other with suggestions.....

Blue
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: Panic attacks

Blue, can you get some yaktrax for your shoes? I've had some for a few years now and I haven't gone over once on the ice

i put them on a pair of flat shoes, drive in my normal shoes and just change shoes before getting out of the car and carry the other pair to change into when entering a shop. A bit of a flaff but easier then taking the chains on and off as my hands don't work well
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Thank you Missy. I just googled them and I could get them at Amazon, they deliver right to the door....think I'll get them. How do you pick the size. Some say small, med, and large. I take a size 7 - 7 1/2 so what woud I choose? medium?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:06 PM

I think your size is a size 5 uk or 38 Eur size which is coming up as small

Check on their web site for a size guide to be sure
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:12 PM

I'm glad to see you're going to follow Missy's advice, WB - I purchased a set a couple of years ago and find them effective.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I think your size is a size 5 uk or 38 Eur size which is coming up as small

Check on their web site for a size guide to be sure
Ok Missy, thanks, I am going to order them this afternoon....great advice Missy.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

14-02-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
I'm glad to see you're going to follow Missy's advice, WB - I purchased a set a couple of years ago and find them effective.
Hi Tango,

Nice to hear another one is making good use of them. Thanks for posting, as I told Missy, I am going to order them today.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 05:41 PM

Had them since 1986, horrible things but they fade into the background compared with my present cancers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:05 PM

I don't get them now but I had a couple some years ago and they are certainly memorable. I still don't know why I got them, I mean I'm not the worrying type but it felt like I was going to die here and then.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 07:49 PM

I have had about four and it is frightening, my doctor told me the worst thing that could happen was that I would pass out for a few minutes but it has never come to that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top