Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:10 PM

Have you ever lent somebody something, and never got it back?

I used to knock about with a few members of a local band, I lent one of my cassette tapes to one of them, but because my ex bil had borrowed some records of his, he wouldn’t return my tapes until my bil returned them, of course, being young ( they were a bit older) I didn’t really pursue it too hard, and never got it back, the tape was frampton comes alive, my most favourite album to this day, I eventually re bought it some years later on cd, I try not to lend stuff to anybody now!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Re: Have you ever lent somebody something, and never got it back?

My car.

I lent a pal my car to travel to Portsmouth to see his kids........he was arrested in France for taking his kids without consent...never saw my car again...nor him.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:24 PM

I try not to lend stuff out Primus, especially tools. When I was an apprentice my wise old boss, when asked if I could borrow one of his spanners replied "I will lend you it once, but then you know that you need one and must supply your own"...

I have since lent stuff out and sometimes it has not been returned.....Or as in the case of friend and neighbour who borrowed an adjustable wrench, brought it back rusty after leaving it outside......Now that's not on......
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:28 PM

I learned a long time ago, never loan anything you aren't prepared to say goodbye to

One friend has had one of my suitcases best part of 7 years now. I now ring her and ask if I can borrow it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:28 PM

Having previously lost both books and records - I am now more selective about what I lend and to whom. In fact, sad person that I am, I keep a notebook and when someone has had something for a month I gently remind them - it works!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:47 PM

I have a workshop full of tools and there was a time when I used to lend stuff out, but not any more. That's probably why I've still got a workshop full of tools.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:59 PM

I guess it would depend on who it was, what they wanted, and how much I trusted them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:04 PM

Lol is this another semi-Lenten thread or just a totally random coincidence?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:04 PM

I will lend anything except money.

Anything else I lend, I always get it back. If they didn't bring it back when I wanted it, I would go to their door and pick it up.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:30 PM

I remember once many years ago lending my Sister in Law a dress. It was a favourite of mine so I loaned it to her reluctantly. Anyway I did get it back but she had put it in the washer so it had shrunk and was just about unrecognisable. I haven't loaned her anything since.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top