Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:35 AM

Maxi

Friends 12 year old daschhound was bright as a button on Sunday until 11PM when he had a bad seizure we took him to the vets who gave him diazipam. He was perfectly normal , bright as a button again until 5pm and had another , we went to the vets nd they again gave him diazipam. Then at 10pm another seizure this time he did not pull through . We took him to vets where he was put to sleep .

After the first seizure they took blood (the next morning) the results came back as normal , so we don't understand how nothing showed up to show why he had these seizures . The only way would be to have an autopsy and she doesn't want this . The seizures were really bad and traumatising to see for us both . After which Maxi paced around until he fell exhausted and slept . The 3rd one was so sad , he never came too , he was breathing but the injection was a relief for him .

The vets don't know the reason , he hadnt been anywhere near toxic chemicals or out without his mum , so not eaten or drunk anything poisonous. They did say they couldn't rule out meningitis but no one knew why it had happened . They said perhaps something unpleasant happening in the brain .

He is at peace now and mum left in shock .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: Maxi

So sorry for you and your friend.
I had a similar thing happen with my first dog Jazz. Went for our normal evening walk. Got home and after quick seizure she died.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 09:56 AM

Poor little dog

A number of things can cause seizures in dogs from medical conditions like epilepsy, tumors or infection to toxic poisoning.
One of the worst problems in the winter is antifreeze that leaks from cars, it can be licked from puddles or even off paws.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:03 AM

Susan, I am so sorry to hear this and I know how sad you will be feeling. The only comfort I can offer is to say that you little dog will suffer no more and, in time, your memories of Maxi will be the ones where you were happy and enjoyed each others company.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Oh no. That is so sad. Poor wee Maxi.
Your friend must be heartbroken.
Rest quiet now Maxi.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:10 AM

That's very sad Susan, poor little dog.
A very upsetting time for you all.
Poor little man's at peace now.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:12 AM

So sorry to hear about your friend's little dog. I can imagine how devastating it must have been to see the poor little dog so distressed. He is at peace now and not suffering. My sympathies to your friend and to you.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:42 AM

That is so sad - poor little dog.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Thank you all , I think Karen and I are trying to find a reason for it all , of course we never will . As I said the tests came back normal . I'll pass on your lovely words to her she will appreciate your thoughts . Time does heal we all know this then the beautiful memories return and we see them as happy and well again don't we .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Thank you all , I think Karen and I are trying to find a reason for it all , of course we never will . As I said the tests came back normal . I'll pass on your lovely words to her she will appreciate your thoughts . Time does heal we all know this then the beautiful memories return and we see them as happy and well again don't we .
Yes we do, but I understand that you and Karen are not quite at that stage yet. Looking at a happy photo of Maxi may start the healing soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top