Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:45 PM

Re: Driving licence renewal...

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I have some legal papers to sign and they must be witnessed by someone who is not a relative.
Fine I thought but then read professional qualifications ( accountant doctor etc )
Does this mean That someone who is a plumber/ carpenter / or any other blue collar worker is not qualified to witness a signature ?
Doctors no longer sign anything .
My solicitor will charge an arm and a leg for a 30 second signature then I have to get my witness to him .
It's seems archaic to me .
I went through a similar thing after my mum passed away...swearing oaths and all sorts...
My local solicitor was rubbing his hands together!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:12 PM

TO SEE WHAT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DRIVE
CHECK YOURS HERE

https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

I did a printout after adding information on each section
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:22 PM

I've not yet had to renew my licence. But what is it you have to do? I've been wondering..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I've not yet had to renew my licence. But what is it you have to do? I've been wondering..

here you are

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence-at-70
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 11:51 PM

Just today,I got my neighbour to add his 'profession' ( in addition to the word 'Retired') on the form to be returned to DVLA...
I also found the "Guide to filling in the form" and I read through it again, assuming that we must have missed where it said to enter the previous occupation, if the person signing the photo is retired. However, THERE WAS NO MENTION OF IT BEING A REQUIREMENT...

So, when you need to renew your licence and if it's your first photo licence, be very careful filling in the form, or you may have it sent back to you!

Malc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Just today,I got my neighbour to add his 'profession' ( in addition to the word 'Retired') on the form to be returned to DVLA...
I also found the "Guide to filling in the form" and I read through it again, assuming that we must have missed where it said to enter the previous occupation, if the person signing the photo is retired. However, THERE WAS NO MENTION OF IT BEING A REQUIREMENT...

So, when you need to renew your licence and if it's your first photo licence, be very careful filling in the form, or you may have it sent back to you!

Malc.
Sounds like you had the misfortune to have encountered a 'box ticker' who imagined an imaginary box!
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 12:08 AM

"...Sounds like you had the misfortune to have encountered a 'box ticker' who imagined an imaginary box! "

Yes, you're right there! Hopefully, my wife should have her licence soon...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top