Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:20 PM

Donald Trump wants teachers armed

Surely someone must put him straight?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2018, 11:33 PM

Re: Donald Trump wants teachers armed

To be honest I'm a little ignorant ...nope, bin that ..I'm a little innocent .. of what security measures they already have in US schools.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Surely someone must put him straight?
I've said this on these topics before.....The police back older students/teachers being armed in schools.....as does the RNA.

This can't be blamed on Trump.

I'm not sure on this....maybe one of our American members could verify?
I don't think campus security/LEOs can carry firearms on site.

This is why they are a soft target.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 01:11 AM

Teachers...ARM ME WITH movement

Florida shooting: Teachers want to be armed, but not with guns -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43154487
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 08:53 AM

It is down to the Americans to find an answer to this problem, but I fear it may be too late!

Where it is "the norm" for citizens to have guns, there will always be some people who are violent, or mentally damaged, that will use them to get what they want. If you allow people to have an easy means of killing, then people will always die.....even innocent children in school!

Sadly, even if they ban guns tomorrow, very few people will willingly hand their's in. Maybe decent people, who have them "just in case" would, but those who see guns as a means of power will never give them up.

People, who make laws, should take a long term view of the consequences.....sadly those who thought it was a good idea for people to have guns, to protect themselves, were wrong & now it is children who are suffering!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 09:48 AM

I don't think we can judge on this one their society is so different to ours in some ways. If a call to arm our teachers came we'd all be horrified, but they aren't in USA.

Only thing bothers me is expecting a seemingly caring person t take a life, are they so different from us that they can just do that ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:25 AM

I wonder what would happen if these (now armed) teachers had a legitimate grievance and took to the streets - would the Police be as officious as previously now knowing that some of them were armed???
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I wonder what would happen if these (now armed) teachers had a legitimate grievance and took to the streets - would the Police be as officious as previously now knowing that some of them were armed???
Scary, I did originally wonder who would police the teachers as caring as they are they aren't all entirely sane IMO
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 12:40 PM

I wonder how a teacher with a pistol is going to defend the pupils against a crazed gunman with an AR15, modified or unmodified.

An AR15 is a "civilian" version of the military M16 - the latter is fully automatic (up to 700 rounds per minute) and the former is semi-automatic (45 rounds per minute).

The M16 was specifically designed to kill or maim lots of people in a short space of time - the muzzle velocity means that bullets "richochet" inside the body of the victims.

A terrifying weapon, indeed .....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Presley and her new 'Beretta ' ! So pleased they bought her something she really wanted for her birthday..

https://vimeo.com/201901344

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top