Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 07:55 PM

Re: UK inflation

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Wherever the numbers are plucked from, it's a fact that around here we are paying around 25p a litre less than a year ago for petrol, so for me the government can just keep on plucking 'em.
Yes, but but but...........the decrease in price wasn't passed on in November was it? It's only happened in December......

So how can official inflation rates for NOVEMBER take into account lower petrol prices...........BEFORE the decrease has been passed onto the public?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Wherever the numbers are plucked from, it's a fact that around here we are paying around 25p a litre less than a year ago for petrol, so for me the government can just keep on plucking 'em.
I agree.

But its not the governments doing its international forces.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I agree.

But its not the governments doing its international forces.
Hmmm.............fascinating - but in what way does this relate to the original question?
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Hmmm.............fascinating - but in what way does this relate to the original question?
What I gleaned in you post you seemed to think that petrol prices had only fallen in Dec and should not have been included in the November results. I stated that they have been falling for the last 3 months.

I then stated that it was international forces and not as posted by others Media/Goverment propaganda effecting the inflation results.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2014, 09:07 PM

Falling oil prices are OK for the consumer buying fuel but the stock market is only now recovering from the hit it took when Brent crude went down.

What the left hand misses the right hand does-we all pay.
sue_arnold
UK

22-12-2014, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Falling oil prices are OK for the consumer buying fuel but the stock market is only now recovering from the hit it took when Brent crude went down.

What the left hand misses the right hand does-we all pay.
Spot on.... causing massive trouble for Russia and of course Brent crude not worth taking out of the ground.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Sorry for a late reply on this Interesting topic but.

Petrol prices have been falling for the last three months and this month show a 5 year low so will show up a month later in the inflation figures in Jan.

Mind you this only helps Toss pots who own Gas Gusselers(sp).
I rather like my gas guzzler, I paid for it, I tax and insure it, unlike a lot. And I pay for my own petrol.

Btw it also helps industry....lower fuel costs, but they are all Tosspots right?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
UK inflation rate at 12-year low of 1% as fuel costs fall.
Lower fuel prices have pushed the UK's rate of inflation down to a 12-year low, official statistics show.

The Consumer Prices Index inflation measure - which assesses the cost of basic household goods - fell to a rate of 1% in November from 1.3% in October.

The fall is being dubbed an "early Christmas present" for consumers.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE............duh!!!?????
When did the fall in petrol prices pass to us, the consumer??? Not in November..........so why has the "official" inflation fallen in November????
You will never get instant fuel reduction as the companies that supply it have paid the higher barrel price and is in the refineries. So they sell at the higher rate until they buy more barrels of oil at a lower price. Then the price at the pump comes down as does the duty paid at the same pro rata

Hope this answers your question

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top