Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 08:26 PM

A new camera? Upgrade from compact.

I'm considering buying a new camera and am looking at a Nikon DS3200 DSLR.

Curry's are selling it for £429 (£100 more than Argos) but this includes another lens.

Does anyone have any views on this model? Or can they recommend something else? I would say, stick to this amount as budget.

Thanks.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 08:31 PM

Re: A new camera? Upgrade from compact.

Nom may know Janet
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 08:46 PM

You might consider the weight when you upgrade, i found the canon 1100d to beefy for me to hold and carry round ,but it suits hubby and son.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 08:51 PM

I've picked up some similar cameras to test...at the 50+ show and in Sainsbury's. i will pop in to Currys one day and test the weight.

ETA: I do have one of those tripods that has bendy legs to grip on structures. Might come in handy.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:14 PM

I had the Nikon D5000, it is a beautiful camera great colours and HD video. I loved it but found it to heavy to lug around it's me that's getting too weak. I've given it to my son who makes good use of it. I've now got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 it's small and pretty light that takes lovely photos with great colours. I'm well pleased with this....I love cameras my other is the same make as this new compact but a much later model.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I had the Nikon D5000, it is a beautiful camera great colours and HD video. I loved it but found it to heavy to lug around it's me that's getting too weak. I've given it to my son who makes good use of it. I've now got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ40 it's small and pretty light that takes lovely photos with great colours. I'm well pleased with this....I love cameras my other is the same make as this new compact but a much later model.
Ive got the same only mines theTZ30
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 10:13 PM

This is a good site to get some of the best prices... www.camerapricebuster.co.uk

Nikon DSLRs are excellent, I love mine
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Depends on what you want to photograph, what lenses do you need, many are heavy and add to the weight you have to carry. Also holding one before you buy is good advice, how they are in the hand, can you easily use all the buttons is important. It has good IQ, and impressive 24.2 megapixels.

Amazon have it cheaper but also a newer model at £414, but only one lens,

If i buy something i often Google the camera lens combo on something like Flikr and look at the type of images taken with the set up.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 05:50 AM

I'm only a snapshot man when I can be bothered so I just have a Lumix TZ8 which slips easily into a pocket and takes great pictures and video for day to day stuff.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-08-2014, 07:22 AM

Thanks for your advice. I want one before I return to Bournemouth, so I can capture some good shots at the Air Festival. All my current photos, being on a Panasonic compact, are only just acceptable. Even the scenery ones leave much to be desired. I want the wow factor!

After my blood test today I will pop along to Currys and have a look.

(According to website, the lens provided are 18-55 + 55-200. £429. Without the higher lens it's £330.)

Daren't ask my niece for advice (professional photographer). Her equipment costs a fortune, no doubt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top