Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 08:51 AM

Re: Space Probe

Well I think I am .
Especially after reading the last report.
Apparently they are now looking for a Prince Charming to give Philae a kiss and hopefully fetch her out of her slumber "Well we are approaching the season for Panto's".
Poor Philly.

Mind I was surprised that it was 1980's technology you would have thought with all those space satellites and all that info they were apparently collecting up there. That they would have been able to upgrade Philae before they sent her up 10yrs ago.

Have a nice day.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->

Well I think I am .

Of course you do. Don't we all?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
I see where you are going to with this Graham and in some ways I agree, but my feelings are that its only the rich buggers that ever really benefit from these things.

I have no problem with rich people wasting their own money on these ventures like Richard Branson for instance.
But when it is taxpayers money they are gambling with well that is another story.
Take off your blinkers LF, where would civilization be today without the technology we have at our fingertips...........brought about by scientists experimenting.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 09:23 AM

Stop it Alan, not everyone needs up to date technology. Excuse me, have to put the horse to the cart, it's shopping day for me. Catch you later.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Stop it Alan, not everyone needs up to date technology. Excuse me, have to put the horse to the cart, it's shopping day for me. Catch you later.
There aren't any wheels on the cart Mr P, they haven't been invented yet, someone put a stop to developing them as they considered it a waste of money.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

17-11-2014, 09:53 AM

My mistake, Alan. When I said 'cart' I meant those two tree trunks with a blanket in between being dragged around by the horse with me snoozing on the blanket. We love the simple way of life out here in the sticks. Who needs a bloody piece of something flying around the solar system these days anyway? Not everyone, I gather.
But, you know what I really think? I think longfellow is just stiring.
Not that I think that there's anything wrong with that.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
But, you know what I really think? I think longfellow is just stiring.
Not that I think that there's anything wrong with that.
Looks like I have been sussed. Still we had some good banter.

Must admit I am a bit of a Skyfy fanatic so anything that goes on out there is of real interest to me.

Have a good day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 01:04 PM

I wonna know why a piece of space junk millions of miles away, can be manipulated to the nth degree to land seamlessly (almost) on a zooming piece of rock, yet, when it rains heavy, I lose my Sky Signal, and can't watch Corrie.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

17-11-2014, 01:31 PM

Got a Billion bucks? That should fix your problem.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2014, 01:36 PM

I ain't that keen on Corrie.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top