Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Ageing stone with manure soup.

Has anyone tried milk/yogurt and cow manure to age stone and did it work ?

I have used the green slimy liquid which has comes out of the bottom of the compost bin and it looks good but I guess it might wash off.

I am going to try growing lichen in manure soup next when I can find some cows , it is all sheep around here
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:13 PM

Re: Ageing stone with manure soup.

Manure soup! I'm sure I had a bowl of that in the pub today, it sure tasted like manure, and the barman telling me it was chicken noodle.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:17 PM

Well it used to work for Geoff Hamilton!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Meg I don't have a clue about anything to do with that. I am, however, in awe of you . That you are trying so hard to find something like this that will work. I've asked my partner, who lives in a remote house in the country, but he doesn't know either. I hope someone can answer your question.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:18 PM

I thought it was live active yoghurt which if painted onto a wall, would attract lichen...........and that's what would age the wall. I tried it once and can remember being happy with the result (think I threw seeds of wall-growing plants onto the yoghurt).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Well it used to work for Geoff Hamilton!
Did he Twiz that's good to know

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I thought it was live active yoghurt which if painted onto a wall, would attract lichen...........and that's what would age the wall. I tried it once and can remember being happy with the result (think I threw seeds of wall-growing plants onto the yoghurt).
....that the idea Lindy and the the manure stains and feeds .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Manure soup! I'm sure I had a bowl of that in the pub today, it sure tasted like manure, and the barman telling me it was chicken noodle.
Ug Jem
Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Meg I don't have a clue about anything to do with that. I am, however, in awe of you . That you are trying so hard to find something like this that will work. I've asked my partner, who lives in a remote house in the country, but he doesn't know either. I hope someone can answer your question.
Alice I have tried many odd things to get the results I want for various projects.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2014, 08:42 PM

I've never heard of that before Meg

I wouldn't advise making the soup in your best saucepan!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 04:15 AM

I think you will find that stone is pretty old anyway, give or take a few million years.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2014, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Has anyone tried milk/yogurt and cow manure to age stone and did it work ?

I have used the green slimy liquid which has comes out of the bottom of the compost bin and it looks good but I guess it might wash off.

I am going to try growing lichen in manure soup next when I can find some cows , it is all sheep around here
What is it that you are trying to age, surely not the new patio.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top