Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 07:24 PM

stairway to heaven

Absolutely brilliant version!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 02:23 AM

Re: stairway to heaven

I have a CD from a show broadcast here a few years back (1990 ish) called The Money or the Gun where there was a guest band each week; the difference was that they were only allowed one song - Stairway to Heaven.

Brilliant idea which came up with some wonderful versions - as examples:

It revived Rolf Harris's career too with his version (perhaps not a good thing)
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Myra ->

Absolutely brilliant version!
Yes Myra, quite superb......
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Myra, quite superb......
Yes, great. Only criticism would have been to have a longer guitar solo with a different guitarist who could have nailed it.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:33 PM

I didn’t like it, for me it has to be Led Zeppelin always.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by SallyS ->
I didn’t like it, for me it has to be Led Zeppelin always.
I understand. But as a tribute I thought it was pretty powerful.... hell, even Jonesy cracked a smile! Robert was clearly moved as was Pagey. Ann has a lot of soul and strength. And Nancy, well, she just has to smile for me !
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:41 PM

I have never heard anything like that before, hahaha....
I actually enjoyed it....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2018, 05:48 PM

It's always a good thing to celebrate a classic recording. Rolf Harris ruined it of course.

This is a 'hair metal' version of the song from 1985. A big hit in that year featuring members of Toto and Foreigner amongst others.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

11-02-2018, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's always a good thing to celebrate a classic recording. Rolf Harris ruined it of course.

This is a 'hair metal' version of the song from 1985. A big hit in that year featuring members of Toto and Foreigner amongst others.
Wow, very interesting. I think my fave part was Bobby singing the last verse. He was incredible in Toto.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top