Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:50 AM

PayPal scam?

I received an email this morning claiming to be from PayPal.
It looked genuine but then it would. What made me suspicious, was that it started with, 'Hello' and was titled. 'Your account has been limited'. It would normally have my name after the hello.
It had my email addy and it wants me to log in with my password.
I shall ignore it, and wait until I make a purchase and use PayPal which I mostly do.
Anyone else had this?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:52 AM

Re: PayPal scam?

Hi Emjay im getting these too all the time ...I just delete without opening because they are a pain in the butt!!! Paypal wont email you with something like that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:56 AM

That's right Aysa - don't open, just delete
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Thanks. That's the first time I have had one. We do get warned of these from time to time from PayPal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:02 AM

I posted just last week about this Emjay, but my e.mail was saying somebody had tried to access my PayPal account, so I'd better sign in.
I deleted it and did a quick security scan as well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:05 AM

Best thing to do is forward it to paypal at spoof@paypal.com then delete it, they seem to take it seriously and do follow up reports so you can help them find the people doing this.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:11 AM

I haven't seen that one but then although I have a PayPal account, I've never used it and they won't close it, despite my asking!
Odd ones around are things like you have won a Tesco voucher and have to click on the email to claim it - don't!

Also I'm getting about 20 spams a day from gambling sites, loads of Russian Girl sites and a firm called Acorn too, with up to 5 spams PER DAY, plus all the usual ambulance-chaser-law firm companies to claim fictitious PPI etcetera. stevmk2
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I haven't seen that one but then although I have a PayPal account, I've never used it and they won't close it, despite my asking!
Odd ones around are things like you have won a Tesco voucher and have to click on the email to claim it - don't!

Also I'm getting about 20 spams a day from gambling sites, loads of Russian Girl sites and a firm called Acorn too, with up to 5 spams PER DAY, plus all the usual ambulance-chaser-law firm companies to claim fictitious PPI etcetera. stevmk2

Just put them onto your 'blocked senders' list steve.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:16 AM

I never open any unsolicited emails from banks or Paypal, they go straight into junk mail.

If I think they want to make contact with me I initiate the contact myself by going directly to the site never via an email.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I never open any unsolicited emails from banks or Paypal, they go straight into junk mail.

If I think they want to make contact with me I initiate the contact myself by going directly to the site never via an email.
Thats exactly what I do too Meg...can never be too careful nowadays.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top