Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 07:57 PM

Re: PayPal scam?

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Just got a reply from PayPal thanking me for forwarding the spam.
As I thought they say that any corespondent from PayPal,will address me with my full name.
I've just sent what I believe is a dodgy one to spoof@paypal and that DID include my full name which is a bit worrying.

iT said that just like a bank we have to update your details and you have 48 hrs to do so.

Paypal sent an automated reply and then nothing for two days so I've sent them a reminder. I didn't open it by the way.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 09:55 PM

If I am not doing any deals with PayPal at the time, and get any notifications from them, I delete them without opening them.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 02:40 PM

jUst had another one and again it uses my full name and looks totally genuine with no spelling mistakes etc. Got all the PayPal addresses etc on bottom.

tHis one says my account has been limited but when I go separately to my PayPal account there are notifications there.

oBviously I'm not clicking on the link where it tells me to update my details but what does worry me is that, like the one the other day, it uses my full name.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I've just sent what I believe is a dodgy one to spoof@paypal and that DID include my full name which is a bit worrying.

iT said that just like a bank we have to update your details and you have 48 hrs to do so.

Paypal sent an automated reply and then nothing for two days so I've sent them a reminder. I didn't open it by the way.

It's another worry we could do without isn't it.
I sent a Spoof message to PayPal a couple of weeks ago and never hard a thing back from them. It even made me wonder whether the 'Spoof' address was a spoof!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 10:13 AM

Yesterday I received a receipt from Paypal for £23.99 payment to Netflix. I have never had anything from Netflix and promptly fired off a protest regarding an unauthorised transaction. This morning there was an email saying that they denied my claim as this was not an unauthorised transaction. Have tried to phone them but keep getting referred to their website. Never seen such a confusing site..... Have just noticed that the first email (receipt) came from Paypal <combustibili@unione.milano.it>
Sorry this is such a long-winded epistle - any advice anywhere?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 11:14 AM

I also get receipts from paypals for various transactions, but as I don't have a Paypal account I just delete and block them.
I now have about twenty different Paypal addresses in my blocked senders list.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 04:05 PM

One tip look out for is the senders E mail address.

They might look the same as the company but there might be a dot in the middle and also things like UK/CZ/RU at the end of the address.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top