Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:11 PM

Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

Just curious
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Re: Do you take any vitamins or supplements?

Just a "regular" mineral and vitamin supplement pill for 50+ women.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:16 PM

I dont take any vitamins or supplements, i eat enough fruit and veg daily, i once took extra vitamins but was told to stop as i was overdosing (which was new to me).
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:17 PM

No they are a waste of money , eat a varied diet of fresh foods with lots of fruit and vegetables , get some exercise (and sunshine for VD) and save your money.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:18 PM

No, as I get all the nutrition I need from the food I eat.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:25 PM

I buy a lot of herbal supplements - much easier (and more cost effective) than preparing your own.

Vitamins I would generally agree that your body can assimilate these best from foods, rather than synthetic ones. Not the case for all though, and the concentrations can be better in prepared solutions.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No they are a waste of money , eat a varied diet of fresh foods with lots of fruit and vegetables , get some exercise (and sunshine for VD) and save your money.
Quite agree Meg these herbal supplements are a total waste of money.
I take 10 prescription medications each day and would not wish to add to my already full pill regime
Most, if not all these supplements are not required and there would be more benefit to your body by eating the cardboard box that they came in
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:43 PM

I take a Flaxseed oil capsule every morning,it's done wonders for my hair and nails.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:54 PM

I used to take odourless garlic and a couple of other things but got out of the habit.

Can't see how ordinary bit pills can do much, if anything, unless you are def lacking in something or other

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I take a Flaxseed oil capsule every morning,it's done wonders for my hair and nails.
What has it done for your hair ? Might be good for mine too
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:57 PM

Just fish oil omega 3 -it's supposed to be good for the brain.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top