Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 09:21 PM

The Budget 2016

Hi

Less than 3 weeks away, but hardly mentioned amongst all the Brexit news.

George needs money, the Global Economy is slowing down and we are not immune.

Pensions could be in the firing line, well for those who have not yet retired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35668372

I am all for abolishing the 40% Tax Relief for high earners, it always seemed wrong to me that they get double the relief that ordinary workers do, we should all get the same.

I am not in favour of abolishing the 25% Tax Free Lump Sum, many use that to pay off their mortgages.

What do you think?
Old Dog
Suffolk
Old Dog is male  Old Dog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2016, 09:38 PM

Re: The Budget 2016

I agree with you about abolishing tax relief at 40% on pensions for high earners.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 12:44 AM

Small Business and Manufacturing Companies in Uk are the backbone of the economy and they employ 5.4 millon people most of whom pay tax
The owners usuually mortgae their homes to start the business put in long hours and deserve rewarding
Tax on income over£42.385 is 40% and over £150.000 is 45%. The 40% rate should stay
Bonuses are taxed at 50% no wonder the Goverment are happy to let this happen
Untill recently they were handing out money like it grew on trees to families who never worked, they were given an income of £800+ weekly to go on holidays abroad and but all kinds of luxuries as well

They are still paying lip servivce to all the big boys who make sure their Companies trading in Uk are regisered abroad so paying very little tax and take huge £million bonusus all tax free
it is true they employ many people but that is no excuse for legally avoding paying tax.
That silly concession was brought in years ago to encourage foreign Companies to help with the economic situation and is now outdated.

Also the VAT is far too high and should be reduced.
And another thing many members of the Goverment in all parties have Off shore accounts, so they are not doing to much about that anomaly either.
They look after their own as usual.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Small Business and Manufacturing Companies in Uk are the backbone of the economy and they employ 5.4 millon people most of whom pay tax
The owners usuually mortgae their homes to start the business put in long hours and deserve rewarding
Tax on income over£42.385 is 40% and over £150.000 is 45%. The 40% rate should stay
Bonuses are taxed at 50% no wonder the Goverment are happy to let this happen
Untill recently they were handing out money like it grew on trees to families who never worked, they were given an income of £800+ weekly to go on holidays abroad and but all kinds of luxuries as well
They are still paying lip servivce to all the big boys who make sure their Companies trading in Uk are regisered abroad so paying very little tax and take huge £million bonusus all tax free
it is true they employ many people but that is no excuse for legally avoding paying tax.
That silly concession was brought in years ago to encourage foreign Companies to help with the economic situation and is now outdated.

Also the VAT is far too high and should be reduced.
And another thing many members of the Goverment in all parties have Off shore accounts, so they are not doing to much about that anomaly either.
They look after their own as usual.
That's Ok, the PPI pay outs as well as benefit payments are good if used to buy goods and services from our backbone companies.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 08:53 AM

No one as yet has answered a fundamental question I asked a while ago, how has the lost revenue, the reduced taxation on the lower fuel price been negated, this not unsubstantial value must have formed a big chunk of the forward projection.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No one as yet has answered a fundamental question I asked a while ago, how has the lost revenue, the reduced taxation on the lower fuel price been negated, this not unsubstantial value must have formed a big chunk of the forward projection.
If the chancellor cannot overcome obstacles like this then he is no different than any labour administration where I believe he said they failed to mend the roof when the weather was fine.Like any frugal household monies are usually held in reserve.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2016, 03:31 PM

Spitfire

Money makes the World go round.

I though it was Love!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top