Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 04:33 PM

Low-Calorie Cinnamon & Apple Pancakes

Love these! I'm on day 5 of my diet as I was having to stretch the button across to fasten it on my favourite size 14 trousers (my reliable barometer that always tells me..whoa! diet for you girl!

Wanted to find a Low-Calorie dessert that wouldn't break my diet, also one that I could count the calories, but one that he who must obey would thoroughly enjoy as well. and of course, taste delicious!

FOUND IT!! Tried it, loved it. Hard to believe something that is only 136 calories can taste so yum! but they do.

I had two after dinner last night. so simple to do, I added a 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract to the mixture for HWMO'S, and some Frozen Raspberries that I had left over to my own two pancakes. I just squashed them in the mixture as it was cooking. Yum.

You will need: (this makes 6 small pancakes) 4 for him, 2 for me!

1/2 cup Plain Flour
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup skimmed milk
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce.

Heat a frying pan and coat with cooking spray.

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.

Ladle out 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake and lightly brown each side of the pancake.

If you like, try leaving the very centre gooey for a different texture and flavor.

Enjoy! xx

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	pancakes.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	3928  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 04:43 PM

Re: Low-Calorie Cinnamon & Apple Pancakes

Mmmm .... they sound lovely
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2017, 10:02 AM

Re: Low-Calorie Cinnamon & Apple Pancakes

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Love these! I'm on day 5 of my diet as I was having to stretch the button across to fasten it on my favourite size 14 trousers (my reliable barometer that always tells me..whoa! diet for you girl!

Wanted to find a Low-Calorie dessert that wouldn't break my diet, also one that I could count the calories, but one that he who must obey would thoroughly enjoy as well. and of course, taste delicious!

FOUND IT!! Tried it, loved it. Hard to believe something that is only 136 calories can taste so yum! but they do.

I had two after dinner last night. so simple to do, I added a 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract to the mixture for HWMO'S, and some Frozen Raspberries that I had left over to my own two pancakes. I just squashed them in the mixture as it was cooking. Yum.

You will need: (this makes 6 small pancakes) 4 for him, 2 for me!

1/2 cup Plain Flour
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup skimmed milk
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce.

Heat a frying pan and coat with cooking spray.

Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl.

Ladle out 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake and lightly brown each side of the pancake.

If you like, try leaving the very centre gooey for a different texture and flavor.

Enjoy! xx

They look fabulous darlin' but I'm sure they would taste that much better with some Maple Syrup over them and then add a spoonful of flaming Brandy too!!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top