Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 08:38 PM

Christine Keeler

Christine Keeler

Former model from the notorious Profumo affair has sadly died age 79

She was More sinned against then sinning.
After the affair was publicized she kept a low profile and did not tell tales but wrote a book years later.

May she Rest in Peace.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:32 PM

Re: Christine Keeler

A little before my time though I've heard of the Profumo Affair.
Something to do with ?

intimnyy razgovor na russkom yazyke
(intimate conversations in Russian)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:49 PM

More famous because of the amazing photograph on that beautifully shaped chair. We had a very similar chair at home when I was a child in the '70s. I remember doing homework sitting on it. I had no idea who Christine Keeler was at the time. I think most people of my generation found out when "Scandal" came out in the '80s.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 09:58 PM

She was a bit of "all right" but I won't say which bit
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2017, 11:51 PM

The Famous Chair with Nude Christine Keeler
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 01:03 AM

That photo is iconic - up their with the tennis girl/woman/person scratching her bum. She easily compared with Jean Shrimpton and the other `it` girls of the time in looks and poise.

Mandy Rice Davis, Christine's `associate` faired better after the scandal than she did and became a successful business woman. Christine on the other hand faired less well and she never truly recovered from the affair and was only a shell of her former self when she died.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 08:43 AM

Now that she has sadly died, I wonder if the full facts of EVERYONE involved in the Profumo affair will finally be revealed. Phil the Greek might be shaking in his shoes.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That photo is iconic - up their with the tennis girl/woman/person scratching her bum. She easily compared with Jean Shrimpton and the other `it` girls of the time in looks and poise.

Mandy Rice Davis, Christine's `associate` faired better after the scandal than she did and became a successful business woman. Christine on the other hand faired less well and she never truly recovered from the affair and was only a shell of her former self when she died.
She never recovered from the affair ?
Shell of her former self ?
Her former self was a 19 year old girl who enjoyed the high life sleeping with very rich men .
No one stays 19 for ever !
Profumo spent the rest of his life working for the homeless in the east end .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Now that she has sadly died, I wonder if the full facts of EVERYONE involved in the Profumo affair will finally be revealed. Phil the Greek might be shaking in his shoes.

Why is everyone so sad ?
Unless one knew her personally she is no more than any other woman .
She was not famous for doing good deeds but for living a seedy life off rich men as a young woman .
No UJ I doubt that Phil the Greek is shaking in his shoes at all.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2017, 10:16 AM

Well she lived to be a good age so she can't have been such a shadow of her former self pining away. I wonder if she regretted her early life?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top