Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 07:52 PM

Re: The Beatles

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Among my other faves: Let it be, Long And Winding Road, Julia, Fool On The Hill, Baby You're a Rich man, Your Mother Should Know, She's Leaving Home, Penny Lane,...where do I stop??!
Strange isn't it Bobby, that most people like yourself go for the later period. Their songwriting got so much better didn't it?
In just eight years as a functioning band they progressed so much.
I'm not taking anything away from their early stuff though. I Wanna Hold Your Hand and so on broke the band everywhere and were tremendous pop singles.

I meet up sometimes with a good friend who is 72 and who saw The Beatles twice. He's rather opinionated but a purist and we have heated debates about what the band's best songs are etc. and tbh it's all down to personal tastes isn't it?

I was talking to him before I got my all-time albums thread underway about two months ago and gave him the full list to look at. He disected it and was berating me about what order The Beatles albums should be in. I told him it was my own opinion only and he wouldn't have it!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:04 PM

I was never a huge fan of the Beatles but Revolver is a good listen.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:05 PM

[QUOTE=Ffosse;1338953]I was never a huge fan of the Beatles but Revolver is a good listen.[/QUOTE

Listen I meant to say. I’m in hospital and keep making me stakes on my phone.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:30 PM

Sorry to hear that Ffosse.I hope you are home soon.

Not much Brit pop before them.It was all American.
Not that you could hear it on the BBC during the day.You had to tune in to 208 Radio Luxembourg in the night.
The Beatles popularity resulted in pirate radio stations and eventually Radio 1 on aunty BBC.
We've got a lot to thank them for.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Strange isn't it Bobby, that most people like yourself go for the later period. Their songwriting got so much better didn't it?
In just eight years as a functioning band they progressed so much.
I'm not taking anything away from their early stuff though. I Wanna Hold Your Hand and so on broke the band everywhere and were tremendous pop singles.

I meet up sometimes with a good friend who is 72 and who saw The Beatles twice. He's rather opinionated but a purist and we have heated debates about what the band's best songs are etc. and tbh it's all down to personal tastes isn't it?

I was talking to him before I got my all-time albums thread underway about two months ago and gave him the full list to look at. He disected it and was berating me about what order The Beatles albums should be in. I told him it was my own opinion only and he wouldn't have it!
Yes, it all comes down to taste. They did develop so much. Can't forget While My Guitar Gently Weeps with Slow Hand on lead... very tasty!

They were such a huge influence on the bands that came right after them. My fave band is Yes and both Jon Anderson and Chris Squire were heavily influenced by the Beatles.

I think McCartney is a very under-rated bass player!
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:48 PM

my first record i bought , was George Harrison .My sweet Lord....
The best Beatle song has to be “Yesterday “......
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
my first record i bought , was George Harrison .My sweet Lord....
The best Beatle song has to be “Yesterday “......
How about 'What is Life' by George? Great guitar riff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIQTKrKFkY
Cosmos
UK
Cosmos is female  Cosmos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 09:38 PM

How about 'What is Life' by George? Great guitar riff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UIQTKrKFkY

Amazing Guitar work....,!!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

09-02-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmos ->
Amazing Guitar work....,!!
Yes! pretty and nice effect!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

09-02-2018, 10:07 PM

Yes! pretty and nice effect!
I quite like this video too! Very artistic and sweet dancing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiH9edd25Bc

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top