Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Kitchen Floor

Just wondering how you clean your kitchen floor. Mine used to be tiled and I’ve always got on my hands and knees and cleaned them with a cloth and detergent. However, now that my bones are getting old and creaky, I need to find another way.

I have Rhinofloor down now and it’s pretty serviceable. I’ve tried one of those flat headed mops but they leave the floor too wet, the Vileda type just shift the bits from one place to another. So what do you think is the best way to keep the kitchen floor clean?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Re: Kitchen Floor

I used to do the same Val and occasionally I still do, especially to get into all the corners. Usually 'though I thoroughly vacuum the kitchen floor first. I then have a minit mop which I use with a fibre cloth underneath it. I keep rinsing the fibre cloth and it makes a good job of cleaning the floor. The minit mop is just to shove it around the floor really, but it works fine for me. By doing it this way the floor doesn't get soaked and I always have a clean cloth cleaning the floor. I use a liquid cleaner and sometimes I use the Dettol all in one cleaner which you don't have to mop off. I can go all through the dining room, conservatory and hall with this method and having dogs it seems to be the easiest way I have found to keep the floors clean.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:39 PM

Thanks Aerolor, I usually sweep the floor first but I also have a small hand held vac which is useful for picking up crumbs. The mop with a cloth sounds like a good idea and I can see that the floor would not be so wet as with just the sponge. So I’ll give that a try next time. I don’t have a big kitchen but do get frustrated with the floor.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 07:46 PM

had to do the kitchen floor today,dog running in and out grrrr
tiled floor,scrubbing brush and soapy water,,,tried mops,they don't get the dirt out of the joints
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 09:46 PM

I find this type best, it can squeezed almost dry but you still have to use the water sparingly.

Val J
East Yorkshire

18-02-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
had to do the kitchen floor today,dog running in and out grrrr
tiled floor,scrubbing brush and soapy water,,,tried mops,they don't get the dirt out of the joints
Do you put towels down to soak up the water doc? There has to be an easier way!
Val J
East Yorkshire

18-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I find this type best, it can squeezed almost dry but you still have to use the water sparingly.

That looks good Longy, a bit like Aerolor’s idea. Will look out for one if those.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Do you put towels down to soak up the water doc? There has to be an easier way!
scrub,wipe water off with cloth,open door,allow to dry,,,

longdogs is ok,if you have flat floors,,but with tiles,it don't clean the joints out
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 04:52 PM

since I discovered the microfibre cloths I use them for just about everything. They last ages and when they get mucky they go into the washing machine with the dog towels.
Val J
East Yorkshire

18-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
scrub,wipe water off with cloth,open door,allow to dry,,,

longdogs is ok,if you have flat floors,,but with tiles,it don't clean the joints out
That’s true doc and one reason why we had our floor screeded and rhinofloor put down. It never looks dirty but I know it is!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top