Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:00 AM

Re: Favourite Flower (Wildflower or otherwise!)

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Wow! What a brilliant shade of red!
I'm not sure it was quite that colour Bobby. Red never comes out well on photos, particularly when taken with a phone. They were amazing flowers though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Bobby,

My favourite flower of all time is the orchid, preferrably white. I love getting an orchid plant for my living room.

My favourite outdoor flowers are:

Peonies...

Lilly of the Valley....

Bleading Hearts....

Great thread Bobby, why don't you start a thread on birds as well. I imagine you have some awesome ones down there.
I love orchids. I have several pots that I thought were never going to flower again, but they all blossom regularly now on the kitchen windowsill. I used to buy new ones but now I just keep the same ones there.

Peonies are another favourite but only one of my plants flowered last year. They are so picky about where you plant them and about the weather. So beautiful when they show.

I believe bleeding hearts are also known as "dutchman's breeches"... the mind boggles!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:35 AM

I love cottage garden types things like foxgloves hollyhocks delphinia. In my last house I had some black foxgloves they were spectacular I'm sometimes tempted to creep back in the dead of night and nic a clump. How terrible if I were caught though
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 10:52 AM

No cultivated flowers from me, but wildflowers appeal. Especially Orchids that have great diversity.

Bee Orchid.

Ragged Robin.

Primrose.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
My favourite flower is the hardy geranium, or cranesbill, which grows wild in UK. There are so many cultivated varieties to choose from and they are almost impossible to kill. My OH disparagingly refers to them as "weeds" but they give the most lovely display and are truly hardy.
That's interesting Aerolor. Mrs LDs loves cranesbill - I see them as weeds.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:47 AM

So many to choose from, I would have trouble narrowing it down. I do love the smell of Carnations, they remind me of weddings (how they used to be).
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:23 PM

I like roses best. I prefer not to receive bunches of flowers, it is better to see them growing in our garden.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm not sure it was quite that colour Bobby. Red never comes out well on photos, particularly when taken with a phone. They were amazing flowers though.
Oh, yes. I know what you mean. There's nothing like the real thing...
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I love cottage garden types things like foxgloves hollyhocks delphinia. In my last house I had some black foxgloves they were spectacular I'm sometimes tempted to creep back in the dead of night and nic a clump. How terrible if I were caught though
He, he.. I won't tell....
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

19-02-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So many to choose from, I would have trouble narrowing it down. I do love the smell of Carnations, they remind me of weddings (how they used to be).
Yes, a good stand by. Great spicy scent.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top