Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Re: Euro 2012

Well said Hu99, couldn't agree more, England may have given the world the game of Soccer but look how rapidly the world took to it while we followed a retrograde route and as far as I am concerned we are still in a downward spiral.
I was quite frankly disappointed by the Spain v Italy encounter last night, once more a game that failed to live up to it's build up, admittedly there were spells of good football played but I got the impression that a draw was what both teams would be satisfied with and so it turned out to be with the final score at 1-1.
The Republic of Ireland were, as usual, full of purpose and enthusiasm but unfortunately the 1-3 scoreline tells it's own story.
I am still looking forward to this evening's game, just to see how the much maligned Roy Hodgson and his team fare against the "superior" French. Good luck England!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 06:54 PM

Sat watching England with the hubby, I just have to say it is not doing his blood pressure any good. I am quite happy a city player scored, but for once was not happy when our other player scored.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 07:33 PM

That's the way the cookie crumbles shaz but a good result for City fans eh?
Personally I thought England played with honest endeavour, maybe they have their limitations but I don't think any player had a poor game tonight so all the hand wringers and doom and gloom merchants have got to wait a bit longer
Nobody let the manager down on this occasion, it is to be hoped that the team will now get better and better as the tournament progresses. Well done England!

FRANCE: 1 ENGLAND: 1
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Not a bad score 1-1 As you say the more they play together the better they should be. Looks like a lot more fans went over, than what they were expecting.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2012, 11:16 PM

I thought England sat back a little too much in the second half, giving France the impetus to go for the win. Scary tactics that, and they were lucky to get the draw.This is a lot harder group than what was first thought, what with Ukraine beating the Swedes. The ref was annoying, letting blatant bodychecks go unpunished. Not a disaster, but by god this tournament will take some winning.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
The ref was annoying, letting blatant bodychecks go unpunished..
Playing great football will will tournaments not relying on the refs. England did dot play great football and do not deserve to win anything.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

12-06-2012, 01:01 PM

An important start for co-hosts Ukraine as they pipped Sweden 2-1 with both goals coming from 35 years old Andriy Shevchenko which sees them go top of the group.
It has been reported that the usual England football brass band who have been playing at three lions matches for 16years had their instruments banned just before the game Apparently they are in discussions with stadium officials and the FA to try and sort something out for Friday, good luck to them. As for playing great football, I have seen nothing like that as yet in this tournament, maybe with the exception of Russia in spells.

UKRAINE 2 SWEDEN 1
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

13-06-2012, 06:21 PM

The Czechs were trounced by Russia 4-1 as fans got stuck into each other in no uncertain terms, the first signs of thuggery but hopefully an isolated incident
Russia have been given a suspended six-point deduction by Uefa because of the behaviour of their fans during their 4-1 win against Czech Republic.
Action was taken due to the use of fireworks and far-right banners.
An incident in which fans attacked stewards, leaving four needing hospital treatment, is being investigated by Uefa and police.
The penalty will apply to the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign, and also includes a fine of £96,000 (120,000 euros).
Russia, who will host the 2018 World Cup, could face further sanctions after their supporters were involved in violence before their game against Poland, which was drawn 1-1, on Tuesday.
Ah yes, the beautiful game!
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 07:52 PM

Come on England. France have beaten Ukraine 2-0. Carroll up front so lets hope we can beat the Swedes.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2012, 09:54 PM

I've got the same situation as you Shaz, my hubby watches every game as well, I'm going out of my mind, I've got football coming out of my ears Just as well I love him.

Weve got England V Sweden on at the moment.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top