Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Re: Thieving b***ers

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nobody here went scrumping when they were young then?
Not in someone's private garden or before the apples were ready, this sounds like more than scrumping to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 02:03 PM

We used to scrump Bruce, but only take an apple or two to eat, not empty someones entire vegetable patch and take every bit of fruit from their trees.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We used to scrump Bruce, but only take an apple or two to eat, not empty someones entire vegetable patch and take every bit of fruit from their trees.
I agree, and even if you got caught the worst you got was a telling off. I doubt if the police would have been interested if it was just a bit of scrumping.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's ok then.
How many until it becomes theft?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 02:54 PM

Mups, spoke to Lynda last night from the allotments. She has lost about 6 courgettes (though said they weren't ready), someone has lost a lot of figs from their tree, and another person had someone go into their greenhouse and move things about.

These are the ones we know about from this weekend/week.

I'm sitting with my feet up after trawling diy stores, with a cuppa, then will go down to allotment, do some watering, and pick some kohl rabies. If they're still there. I'll take photos of them so you can see how they've grown.

We all suffer thefts here and get so fed up with it. Some of the guilty people are fellow plot holders but as we are a huge site we just have so man people here and unfortunately they just can't stop themselves from stealing.

Also two side of the site back on to back gardens and a fair few have made an access on to us.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 03:55 PM

How sad is life these days! When I was a child there were allotments next to our back garden. A couple of the ones that were close to our house were polish and had big families. My mum would make tea and biscuits for them and they, in turn, would give us some of their produce. They would even lift the children over the fence to have a go on my swing. I often wonder why is everyone for themselves these days and friendly behavior has disappeared. There was no need for security at allotments then because people were happy to share rather than steal.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 04:02 PM

Mmmmmmm, tasty missed the strawberries though.

Plods are looking for a couple of bedlington terrorists.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

08-08-2016, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Mmmmmmm, tasty missed the strawberries though.

Plods are looking for a couple of bedlington terrorists.
Awww but they were only scrumping from the wicked witch, who won't share them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 04:14 PM

About a month ago here our local police stopped a van driving through our little local town, they thought it looked somewhat overloaded. It was certainly overloaded, with lemons, I forget how many kilos but it was a lot.
On the way to our little town both sides of the road are lemon and orange trees, it's very common to see tourists in hire cars stopping and climbing over the fences to take the fruit, often carrier bags full.

Last year acres of orange and lemon trees were cleared, new top soil put down, new auto watering systems in place and high metal fencing erected, instead of just the ditches and bushes to climb over. Now the thieves climb over the metal fences and are stealing the newly planted little trees. Some people will steal anything I think.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
About a month ago here our local police stopped a van driving through our little local town, they thought it looked somewhat overloaded. It was certainly overloaded, with lemons, I forget how many kilos but it was a lot.
On the way to our little town both sides of the road are lemon and orange trees, it's very common to see tourists in hire cars stopping and climbing over the fences to take the fruit, often carrier bags full.

Last year acres of orange and lemon trees were cleared, new top soil put down, new auto watering systems in place and high metal fencing erected, instead of just the ditches and bushes to climb over. Now the thieves climb over the metal fences and are stealing the newly planted little trees. Some people will steal anything I think.
Oh you're joking! What is wrong with them??

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top