Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 07:07 AM

Re: Half term blues

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Today was Royal British Legion's London Poppy Day Appeal. It was very moving seeing and hearing the pipe band, everyone was photographing and clapping and I shed a little tear
Sounds very touching Rose. Pipe bands always set me off.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Today was Royal British Legion's London Poppy Day Appeal. It was very moving seeing and hearing the pipe band, everyone was photographing and clapping and I shed a little tear
Ah, I did not realize they did that on a particular day - thank you.
I bet the band was wonderful. I love the sound of bagpipes in the open air.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2014, 05:29 PM

Back from the museum, can recommend the local museum in goldsworth road, woking, very entertaining and educational ! Grace is now writing a report on the afternoon and is planning a project on the Roman occupation of Woking. Now I am not saying we didn't hear screaming or see bad behaviour but it appeared to be coming from an older woman who had slightly too much to drink before she arrived. All the children seemed interested in the displays.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 09:01 AM

It's very quiet out there of late, it used to be obvious when half term was because kids were playing on a weekday on the local playing fields or in the street, now the outdoor playing level is the same as term time, virtually zero, so, apart from the reduced traffic level, whilst navigating the great outdoors, one would not know if it were Half Term or not.
Can't speak for tourist attractions etc.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's very quiet out there of late, it used to be obvious when half term was because kids were playing on a weekday on the local playing fields or in the street, now the outdoor playing level is the same as term time, virtually zero, so, apart from the reduced traffic level, whilst navigating the great outdoors, one would not know if it were Half Term or not.
Can't speak for tourist attractions etc.
I know lots of families who jet off somewhere warm at this time of year.

There will also be lots of children indoors with their iPads these days. A sign of the times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2014, 12:06 PM

We are lucky children here have the communal gardens to play in, they go round and round the block of flats on their bikes/skates and skate boards. Chalk on the paving slabs, all sorts of pictures and hop scotch is popular with the girls too. About 9 girls here and 2 boys, they have great fun. Some moany people always manage to try and spoil their fun which is sad, better they are running around in the fresh air than shut in doors I believe.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

01-11-2014, 12:17 PM

We walked through kelvingrove park yesterday, passed by the skate park. It brought back memories of taking my boys there. A great hobby for them. Not an ipad in sight There were adults sliding down a huge s!ide having great fun .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top