Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:34 PM

Are grown up kids selfish today?

I guess its only mine but they certainly are. My daughter just paid me a fleeting visit one hour telling me of their next holiday for one thousand pounds a weekend away for a friends wedding - must be mad. Yet I didn't even get a pint of milk as a treat from her.

They will say they deserve all the holidays meals out etc as they work hard but we all worked hard and was lucky to ever
get a holiday.

I wouldn't want to go away anyway now with health not good and trying to keep this house and gardens all maintained etc is very stressful.

The world is very materialistic and greedy I think anyway as I said guess its only my kids?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Re: Are grown up kids selfish today?

I don't think its just your kids Sarah, a lot of the young people of today are very materialistic and selfish but sometimes its the parents who are making them like that by spoiling them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:46 PM

Im lucky my kids do involve me in stuff … but I understand what you mean Sarah sometimes they are so busy with their lives we have to remind them now and then we are around

You should do what my pal did to her son who forgets to ring her, when he rang her three weeks after he said he would she put the phone down on him so he rang back and said you put the phone down on me? who is it she enquired its me your son he replied... oh she said I forgot I had one
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:47 PM

I realise we all want the best for our kids, but some are so spoilt these days, they don't realise the value of money and even appear to grow up with a sense of entitlement.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Im lucky my kids do involve me in stuff … but I understand what you mean Sarah sometimes they are so busy with their lives we have to remind them now and then we are around

You should do what my pal did to her son who forgets to ring her, when he rang her three weeks after he said he would she put the phone down on him so he rang back and said you put the phone down on me? who is it she enquired its me your son he replied... oh she said I forgot I had one
Good one
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 08:19 PM

it feels like they are but I think they are just a product of our time

Our children's generation has such a large disposable income compared to ours and our parents generation and everywhere they look they are bombarded with adverts for things they must have, to be living the dream

My own (step) daughter is just the same, thinks nothing of spending £500 or more as a wedding guest and yet has only ever once cooked a meal for me in 20 odd years, always pleading poverty, allowing me to shoe and clothe the grandchildren

They will be here for the weekend at the end of the month, bringing their "besties" and kids and I won't even see as much as a Thankyou card
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 08:20 PM

Also these kids that are selfish and \I didn't give them everything and taught them to help other people will when I pop off get this house and it will go in a flash on cars,hols,etc without ablink of an eye at how mum(lone parent family, dad went off and left us all) and yes they did get love from me but I can feel my heart hardening and I never thought that would happen.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:01 PM

Hi Sarah , I'm having similar with my kids , too long a story to tell , it hurts like hell at times but my heart has to harden to protect myself . I love em but don't always like them . I feel for you .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
Also these kids that are selfish and \I didn't give them everything and taught them to help other people will when I pop off get this house and it will go in a flash on cars,hols,etc without ablink of an eye at how mum(lone parent family, dad went off and left us all) and yes they did get love from me but I can feel my heart hardening and I never thought that would happen.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 09:14 PM

This is a no brainer.
Of course they are!
Gimme Gimme Gimme.
I want that.
Get out of my way.
Or else!
Mind you.
It's when a Daughter demands A Man After Midnight that parents needs to worry!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top