Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 11:56 AM

Re: You Have One Whole Fresh Chicken....

Well that wasn’t a success! Just about managed to pull off one drum stick and then tear the chicken in half, albeit messily. Cooking one half in a bag with Chinese marinade, and the rest has been frozen, as is.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well that wasn’t a success! Just about managed to pull off one drum stick and then tear the chicken in half, albeit messily. Cooking one half in a bag with Chinese marinade, and the rest has been frozen, as is.

Perhaps this might be of some use in what can be a very 'dodgy' procedure:

https://www.wikihow.com/Cut-up-a-Whole-Chicken

Or if preferred, maybe easier to watch how it's easily done:

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 02:19 PM

He made it look so easy! I have a sharp knife, but not the suitable scissors.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 02:28 PM

He made it look so easy! I have a sharp knife, but not the suitable scissors.
Yes, he certainly did, that's exactly what I thought and prompted me to post the video. The skill and speed I guess comes with practice. Like most things though it's also very much to do with having the correct tools for the job.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:02 PM

Jazzi, Whatever you do, don't apply for a job as a hip replacement surgeon!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, he certainly did, that's exactly what I thought and prompted me to post the video. The skill and speed I guess comes with practice. Like most things though it's also very much to do with having the correct tools for the job.

Baz, Thank You for posting the video. It’s more or less exactly what l do but not as quickly, or cleanly as he did it.
There’s blood and guts everywhere when l do it!

Yes, l should have referred to my ‘breaking the bones’ as ‘popping the bones’, as that doesn’t sound as barbaric!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

17-02-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, Whatever you do, don't apply for a job as a hip replacement surgeon!
Shucks...my CV is in the post to them!

I found a pair of shears/scissors in Wilko today (I was in there anyway), and this will save me ordering from Amazon.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:51 PM

I rarely buy a whole chicken as I do not eat legs, thighs, or wings. Usually just buy breast fillets.
Baz46

17-02-2021, 07:31 PM

Shucks...my CV is in the post to them!

I found a pair of shears/scissors in Wilko today (I was in there anyway), and this will save me ordering from Amazon.
Job done then. Watch out any stray chickens, Jazzie needs some practice now!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 10:32 PM

Personally I never buy a whole chicken, too much boring meat (I just don't see the attraction of breast meat). I just buy thigh fillets, definitely the tastiest meat on a chicken. Thighs used to be the cheapest but people have woken up to them so they are cheap no more.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top