Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Re: Nobblers!

I've always loved the crusts, a buttered crust and a chunk of cheddar was a real treat when we were kids, and I still enjoy it even now.

The swimming baths we went to as children were adjacent to the pit canteen, and if we had a penny we would go in there after swimming for a slice of bread and dripping. I discovered though that if you asked for the crust they would give it you for nothing as they said they would be wasted otherwise, so a real win and one that we managed to exploit for years...
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2021, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Haha! There's nothing wrong with a nibble that's for sure and it's funny that you ask because I have always known the ends of sliced bread as 'Nobblers'. but I understand there is some debate on this.
We call them crusts
In my opinion, it’s the tastiest part of the loaf
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 12:30 AM

I love the crusts, especially off a fresh loaf or French stick with lots of cheeky butter!
Years ago, the crusts off Cottage loaves were the best.

Because l love crusts, a friend l worked with saved all her crusts off her loaves of bread and gave them to me!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I love the crusts, especially off a fresh loaf or French stick with lots of cheeky butter!
Years ago, the crusts off Cottage loaves were the best.

Because l love crusts, a friend l worked with saved all her crusts off her loaves of bread and gave them to me!
Hi

I have always called them crusts.

The only Nobblers I know I know are Dog Nobblers, a very effective trout fly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have always called them crusts.

The only Nobblers I know I know are Dog Nobblers, a very effective trout fly.
See, Dog Nobblers to me are the evil so and so's who drug (nobble) the dogs at the Greyhound Racing Tracks!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top