Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:49 PM

Re: Can We Talk About Peas?

I sometimes make pea and ham soup - that is very tasty.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The ones in the pods and fresh shelled peas.
Fresh and raw...............
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:07 PM

I love the minted ones, but they are hard to find these days. Used to always get them in the freezer in any supermarket.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bathsheba, l thought you could still get those dried peas? Didn’t you get a chemical or something with them?

You should try Iceland garden peas and they are only £1 for ? 800 grams. It used to be a kilo. Honestly, they are so tender.

I have tried Tesco and Asda brand garden peas too but lceland are nicer.
I haven't seen Surprise Peas in the shops for years, maybe I just haven't been looking in the right place? Entirely possible!

Yes, I do get Iceland peas as well, but during this pandemic we don't go in the shops at all and have C&C with either Tesco or Sainsbury. On the rare occasions I have a top-up delivery with Iceland I do buy their peas - and their Arctic Royal battered fish fillets, which are also great!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:31 PM

Peas are actually one of my favorite vegetables year around. I do prefer the petite young peas in a can, I choose them over the larger frozen peas in a bag (Green Giant or Birdseye). Garden peas in summer? Nah, takes too long to shuck them out of the pod. Late at night I have been known to open a can, heat them in the microwave and put a pat of butter on top with pepper.
Better snack for me than something sweet at times.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:44 PM

Hi

So many good replies.

I am with Art on this.

Frozen are good, mushy with fish.

I grow mangetout in a couple of contaiers and use them in stir fries.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:50 PM

Frozen petit pois is the way to go because they are kept fresher than anything else. Tinned peas are ugh! I remember having fresh peas as a child. Peas always remind me of the John Major and Norma spitting image sketches. I have a love hate thing with them. But recently it's become more affectionate.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I love frozen peas. Any SM brand will do me.
Jazzi, l am taking it that you mean.. supermarket brand?
Tesco or Asda brand aren’t bad and are a good price.
I wouldn’t buy ‘smartprice’ or ‘value’ peas though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
The ones in the pods and fresh shelled peas.
Minx, Yes they are very nice but so much time spent shelling them to get a few peas.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-02-2021, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I haven't seen Surprise Peas in the shops for years, maybe I just haven't been looking in the right place? Entirely possible!

Yes, I do get Iceland peas as well, but during this pandemic we don't go in the shops at all and have C&C with either Tesco or Sainsbury. On the rare occasions I have a top-up delivery with Iceland I do buy their peas - and their Arctic Royal battered fish fillets, which are also great!

Bathsheba, You say, Artic Royal Battered fish fillets? Do you know what fish they are. If you say, cod or haddock then l would love to try them.
If it’s ‘Fish’ as in Pollock or Coley.... No Thanks! That’s for cats!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top