Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:12 PM

Leggings are in, but pork pies are out.

Women's leggings and mashed potato will now be used instead of pork pies and lager sold in nightclubs to help calculate the cost of living in the UK.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43383612

Who'd bother to buy mashed potatoe. How much time does it take to boil a potatoe and mash it. You don't even need to peel it. When i see these people complaining on Tv that they don't have enough money to eat, and yet want all their food ready prepared rather than learning how to cook.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Re: Leggings are in, but pork pies are out.

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
Women's leggings and mashed potato will now be used instead of pork pies and lager sold in nightclubs to help calculate the cost of living in the UK.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43383612

Who'd bother to buy mashed potatoe. How much time does it take to boil a potatoe and mash it. You don't even need to peel it. When i see these people complaining on Tv that they don't have enough money to eat, and yet want all their food ready prepared rather than learning how to cook.
I buy frozen mash, as I like mashed potatoes but my husband likes his whole, I certainly can't be bothered mashing them myself.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Well I don't buy frozen potatoes but I do love my leggings.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:43 PM

As a scratch cook, I have to admit that I succumb to buying mashed potato occasionally

I buy it when I have the extended family for dinner and the grandkids want mash instead of roasties with their dinner

When I've the big oven full and all four rings on the go, a tray of ready mash in the micro is very very handy
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:45 PM

I don't buy frozen potatoes but have a packet of Smash just in case.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:49 PM

Real, proper potatoes for me, every time!
I don’t do, frozen or powdered potato... Yuk!

I’m still not sure how leggings figure in this but that’s because l haven’t clicked on the link!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:53 PM

There seem to be a trend for women to wear leggings instead of trousers these days. I don't think it does them any favours especially if they have large backsides.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:54 PM

Real potatoes for us. Never buy frozen or packet.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
There seem to be a trend for women to wear leggings instead of trousers these days. I don't think it does them any favours especially if they have large backsides.
Tara, A trend? Leggings are so last year!!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2018, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tara, A trend? Leggings are so last year!!
Not around here they aren't.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top