Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 12:42 PM

Changing Wipers and Headlamp Bulbs.

Hi

Simple jobs, but not anymore.

My wipers fold down under the bonnet and even if you lift it up, you cannot get to the blades to change them.

A right performance to change them, you have to start the engine, put the wipers on slow and then cut the engine with the wipers still operating.

You need lightning fast reactions to get it right so they stop upright, you cannot just stop the wipers, they then park out of sight.

I am changing my headlamp bulbs, got some better ones.

You have to take the entire headlamp unit out to change the bulbs, you cannot access them from inside the engine compartment.

Life is no longer simple.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:28 PM

Re: Changing Wipers and Headlamp Bulbs.

Get Halfords to change them for you that's if you have one local.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:49 PM

On my car if you turn the wipers on immediately after turning off the ignition they park themselves upright on the windscreen....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:34 PM

Changing headlight bulbs could possibly mean installing a relay to power them, not just to have them brighter. Also there are restrictions on how bright they can go.
AS for wiper blades i have recently seen a trimming tool that restores old blades item on ebay?

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Changing headlight bulbs could possibly mean installing a relay to power them, not just to have them brighter. Also there are restrictions on how bright they can go.
AS for wiper blades i have recently seen a trimming tool that restores old blades items on ebay

Hi

My wiper blades have had it, now replaced with better ones.

My new headlamp bulbs are legal, just will be much better.

Auto Express best buy.

I have bought them from Germany, at a fraction of the cost that they are here.

I am fed up with Ripoff UK.

Guy has sent me from Taiwan new bits for my Marine Aquarium, even with postage, Import Duties and VAT, they are 60% cheaper.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 05:32 PM

I once thought the shop assistant in Halfords was being so helpful when he offered to fit my headlamp bulb for me. How nice I thought, and agreed, until he demanded five quid for the pleasure. I think I mumbled a swear word.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

31-03-2018, 07:07 AM

Hi

I have not driven for months.

I had my brake pads changed on Thursday due to a squeal and the new bulbs fitted.

What a difference with the headlamps.

They are GE plus 130, Autotrader best buy.

Went out in the dark this morning to try them, absolutely amazing difference.

I changed both the dipped and main beam, no need for new ballasts or anything, just a straight a straight swap.

£70 at Halfords, much cheaper on Ebay from Germany.

It is like a different car.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have not driven for months.

I had my brake pads changed on Thursday due to a squeal and the new bulbs fitted.

What a difference with the headlamps.

They are GE plus 130, Autotrader best buy.

Went out in the dark this morning to try them, absolutely amazing difference.

I changed both the dipped and main beam, no need for new ballasts or anything, just a straight a straight swap.

£70 at Halfords, much cheaper on Ebay from Germany.

It is like a different car.

£28 now Halfords
£24.61 Amazon
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I once thought the shop assistant in Halfords was being so helpful when he offered to fit my headlamp bulb for me. How nice I thought, and agreed, until he demanded five quid for the pleasure. I think I mumbled a swear word.
I'd rather do that than fumble along for hours not knowing what I'm doing
We have a Checkpoint store near us they only charge an extra £3 for fitting wipers or headlamps
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-04-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'd rather do that than fumble along for hours not knowing what I'm doing
We have a Checkpoint store near us they only charge an extra £3 for fitting wipers or headlamps
Hi

They would make a loss on mine.

The entire headlight has to be removed to replace a bulb.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top