Join for free
Page 116 of 274 « First < 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:44 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by solo ->
Floydy I have pretty much given up on forum life and only add the odd comment until even they get ignored then I gracefully retire into read only obscurity once again.

Music is my one guilty pleasure and I am following your 1000 albums with genuine interests so although I maybe quiet please don't think your effort has gone unnoticed
I echo that sentiment Solo.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:49 PM

No.454: "Sawdust" by The Killers (2007)

Not specifically a compilation, more of a collection of outtakes, live songs and cover versions, Sawdust was a great insight into what this Anglophile band from Las Vegas could do outside of their 'box'.
To illustrate my point about their knack for covering songs perfectly, here are two from the album: Shadowplay (Joy Division) and Romeo And Juliet (Dire Straits).

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I echo that sentiment Solo.
New name in here, thanks for posting Solo

No problem guys, it's just that it's a hell of an undertaking that I wish I'd done as a top 100 perhaps. Shame there aren't that many of the regular posters especially the women who can't be bothered to make an appearance, but it's obviously not their thing. I'll stick to my word about finishing this thing but I'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum totally after it's all done. need some time outdoors to be honest away from the net.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:13 PM

It's no good if you consider it a duty not a pleasure.There's no time limit is there?You can finish it whenever. Have a break now the summer's coming.
I'm only on the comp early in the morning.Too much is not good for anybody.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
New name in here, thanks for posting Solo

No problem guys, it's just that it's a hell of an undertaking that I wish I'd done as a top 100 perhaps. Shame there aren't that many of the regular posters especially the women who can't be bothered to make an appearance, but it's obviously not their thing. I'll stick to my word about finishing this thing but I'm seriously thinking about leaving the forum totally after it's all done. need some time outdoors to be honest away from the net.
Keep going Floydy....lots of new music/bands I've never listened to and interesting info on bands/albums/etc

I don't go online daily or know enough to comment but still interesting.....and different overall taste in music to me but no less interesting.

Not many people could have this much musical knowledge so helluva achievement.......KEEP GOING !!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-03-2018, 12:06 AM

Lads, thanks it's appreciated. And seriously, it's the few of you who keep me going at this rather enormous undertaking.
For instance, if I post 10 albums each time it could easily take me two hours. Finding the sleeve is easy enough but you have to get the right size of it for the forum's specifications. Then the videos, applicable to the album in question and of the correct time frame. Then I need to think of something to say, many times I try to make it interesting but I try to use my own knowledge too without resorting to copying text from Wiki and so on. Even the title has to be in bold and my template needs to be updated. All this for each post.

Honestly I am enjoying putting all this together, it isn't throaway natter like other theads, it's a labour of love; a project, and it's extremely time-consuming when I don't have that much time to spare. I've always felt bad about letting people down and self-indulgence aside, I will see this thing through. It doesn't matter if a hundred members are reading orr just a handful like we have here...you all want to know what will be where and I will carry on. I just need to take a break sometimes but this thing is so compelling.

To evaluate then, and as we have been going since January 1st and are already past the 500-mark, it's feasible that we can wrap up this project before the end of May. That is my goal.

I will not be on the internet during daytime hours if it's sunny outside, so if need be, yes Moscow, PSmith, I'll take a break.

Thanks for contributing guys
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2018, 04:00 AM

Still following here too....so many thoughts, but too little time. R.E.M. was another band I was fortunate to see early in their career and followed them like a religion - without losing it. Ha, I know bad, bad joke.

I'll catch up in a few days. I'm with Solo; I expect more people are following than you realize. Good work appreciated.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Already had these prepared last night before I left the thread in a huff lol! Taking it to the 450 mark with three bluesmen...

No.453: "Still Got The Blues" by Gary Moore (1990)

After a couple of stints with Thin Lizzy playing on some of their greatest albums, Gary Moore was disgruntled with the rock scene, his heart being in the blues. This album was the product of such yearnings. Easily Moore's finest collection of songs, the title track was basically a return to the old style of his 'Parisienne Walkways' hit with fellow Thin Lizzy member Phil Lynott a decade or so earlier.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-03-2018, 08:42 AM

No.452: "Blues Of Desperation" by Joe Bonamassa (2015)

The highly prolific Joe Bonamassa.com lol, with his 12th album already (he's still only in his early 40's and done another three since 2015 too!). This record is right up there with his best stuff, excelling as he does with the slow burning numbers of grief and woe, rather like the similar Walter Trout does. This is 'Drive':

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-03-2018, 08:47 AM

No.451: "August" by Eric Clapton (1986)

I must admit this thread has been rather thin on the ground with Eric Clapton solo product. No reason for that to be honest, I just prefer his collaborations more than his own stuff, though you may see a couple more yet. Dunno why because this mid-80's offering is pretty fine in its own right. A duet with Tina Turner, some great live shows and an Armani suit on the cover, all hits the right buttons doesn't it?

Page 116 of 274 « First < 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top