Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:56 PM

Re: Sundays

In the winter if it's raining and cold I cook a lush roast lunch , open a bottle of merlot, a glass while I'm cooking, a glass while it's in oven, a glass with the meal. T v on, or watch something I've recorded then fall asleep.

Spring and summer I go into town , a 60 70 80s band plays outdoors in town, I go by myself or with friends , we dance to the great music , drink too much wine , then bus home !
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 06:16 PM

oh
Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Just another day for me too, but I like to spend the mid hours over at the allotment when the shop opens (11-2) for lots of chat. I don't buy a paper on Sundays so it's possible I don't go any further than the end of my road. Unless I decide to have a stroll down to the park.

Last week I didn't do a roast, having had one a day or so before, after my starvation diet.

Sitting here now with a second (small) glass of bitter shandy with lime cordial. I buy packs of soft drink cans from Morrisons as they're so reasonable. The No Added Sugar (NAS) shandy, cream soda, dandelion and burdock, diet coke. Also occasionally an 8 pack of diet cherry cola from Sainsburys. Yum.

Oh, back to Sundays. Different tv schedule too.
Oh Mupps, I would do anything to feel as you do on a Sunday
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Marion ->
oh

Oh Mupps, I would do anything to feel as you do on a Sunday

Oh dear Marion, that is such a shame.
Haven't you any hobbies, or local clubs you could join to be with like-minded people and make new friends?

I am on my own too, (except for my pooches), but I am rarely lonely because I always seem to be busy, in fact, I rarely catch up with my jobs.
I also go to exercise classes at least twice a week where I have made friends, I go to Pensioners meetings, sometimes meet a friend for lunch at the garden centre, phone friends for a natter, always doing my gardening, got piles of reading to catch up on but never do, and that's without the usual household chores, bathing a clipping my dogs, and taking them out somewhere nice.

I admit its not so much fun in the winter, I don't like winter at all now, but even then I plan Christmassy things, usually go to a couple of little parties run by the clubs I belong to, or occasionally go to an amateur panto.
It's January onwards that seems to drag, when the cold weather is at its worst and the nights are long and dark. Then I have to rely mostly on telly, radio, my reading, though I do still go to my exercise classes.
But soon all my new seed catalogues start arriving and I'm happy again, planning what I'm going to grow for the spring.

I guess I'm quite a happy personality most of the time, so I'm lucky. If I get the hump, it doesn't usually last long.

Cheer up Marion, if we can't enjoy ourselves in the beautiful summer, it'll be a darn sight harder when winter comes.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:20 PM

The only things that make Sundays stand out are the morning TV programmes, Andrew Marr, The Big Question and Sunday Politics etc. I enjoy them but, I don't understand most of it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:24 PM

Up early to walk the dogs, then church, lunch and after that I toddle off to sainsburys to get the weekly veg.
Afternoons spent colouring in with Grace or we do some baking or a craft project. Finish off with proper tea time and a relaxing evening in front of the box (working evenings that seems height of decadence ).
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
In the winter if it's raining and cold I cook a lush roast lunch , open a bottle of merlot, a glass while I'm cooking, a glass while it's in oven, a glass with the meal. T v on, or watch something I've recorded then fall asleep.

Spring and summer I go into town , a 60 70 80s band plays outdoors in town, I go by myself or with friends , we dance to the great music , drink too much wine , then bus home !
That all sounds lovely Susan
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:44 PM

Used to hate Sundays as a child and later a teen but times change and now I love my Sundays, a lie in and a slow breakfast and working in the garden, listening and watching the birds and the comings and goings on the cul de sac where I live.
You're right Mups, Sunday sounds are very different.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
That all sounds lovely Susan

Yes Susan, me and Myra will be over next Sunday.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:48 PM

Sunday used to be special, now it ain't, but that could just be me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-06-2015, 10:55 PM

That's a shame Spitty. Can't you make it special again?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top